titan wheels, tire and wheel relationship.

Braden

im ordering some tires for my titans this week and well im not to sure about it. i knwo alot of you guys run a 225 40 18 but im concerned that the rim will be sticking out past the lip of the tire. i dotn want that, i hate that and im not about to order tires from california just to have them look like crap. i was thinking about going with a 235 40 18 or maybe even wider if i can. can somebody take a picture of their tire on the rim so i can see the rim surface/tire sidewall relationship?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What are the specs for Titans, If they are 8s i think appropriate tire size is 245, if you are worried about rubbing i'd get 215 or 225s, height is up to you.

You can run 35/40s , or 45s to have a little extra protection.

I run a 235/40/zr18 and they work real well. The tires sit just below flush with the wheel and look good, plenty of clearance and they tuck into the rear fenderwell without rubbing.

I also live in North Idaho, and the roads leave alot to be desired, and i have hit some pretty agressive potholes, washboards and frost heaves in my 620 and the tires never felt like they were going to give way or bend my rim.

Plus after lots and lots of looking i determined that size is very common and very inexpensive compared to other sizes up and down from it.

Got my se of 4 on ebay for 217 bucks and 80 shipping.

Bill

what im trying to avoid is having a rim thats wider than the tread surface, the 225 is approx 5 millimeters too small for the rim, the 235 is approx 1/8 inch or 6mm bigger than the rim, which would make the rim and tire look flush and have approx 3 mm worth of extra meat on either side, there should be plent y of romm under my truck for the 235. damn they are more expensinve though!!!! ide rather pay the extra dough now then be unsatisfied with the look, whoever is running 225 you should swap for the 235, extra wheel protection and an overall better look for you truck.

Pfftt, i'm running 205s on 9.5j wheels... :)

and that is why your rim/tire combo looks like total horse shit. your rim is 36.322mm wider than your tire, you could probably run your truck down some kiddie train tracks on the lip of your rim. dude what were you thinking??? i have to see pics of this

actually you guys are right that looks pretty good!! i guess what i was trying to say was some rims/tires that i have seen that are low profile dont look good at all when they are smaller than the rim, yours look failry decent from the side, not too sure how they would look from the rear.

not to "hate" at all, i could care less what size tire you guys run, i just wanted to see some so i didnt buy some that I thought looked goofy, you guyz can respect honest opinions right? i personnaly like critiscism on some things, it may lead to me changing something and improving upon what i am working on

• 2 weeks later...