Looking for pics of SR20DET on a 610

72nismo

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you just proved indy right considering thats a 510 not a 610 its not even close to relevant indy was posting cool swaps into a 610 i posted a pic of a 350 in a 610 this thread is showing that the 610 can have a multitude of swaps done

Lots of miss-information:

..... as the KA bolts in just like an SR...

No it does NOT ....... the steering center link needs to be modified for SR510s AND SR610s ........ and the stock center link is fine for KA510s and KA710s .... (not shure about KA610s)

Look at the MadDat website ....... all their SR 180b conversion kits have a modified center link:

http://www.maddat.com.au/180b.php

Dawg did you know that L series engines bolt to 610's and 510's the same? And therefore a KA or SR swapped into a 510 would be basically the same as a 610? Shits srs busnes.

Again..... you're wrong............. .. 710s and 610s need the KA motor mounts moved back even further than a KA510..... my KA710s motor mounts are almost directly above the front control arm pivot point....... because the transmission would hit the steering center link if the motor was farther forward

510s are MUCH easier to swap a KA24DE .......... the motor mounts don't need to be re-located

That's not a SR brah!!!

You sir ,,,, ,,, are a fucking moron ............. STFU!!!!!!

Well ,,,,, ,, actually everything there is 100% accurate

Lots of miss-information:

No it does NOT ....... the steering center link needs to be modified for SR510s AND SR610s ........ and the stock center link is fine for KA510s and KA710s .... (not shure about KA610s)

Look at the MadDat website ....... all their SR 180b conversion kits have a modified center link:

Again..... you're wrong............. .. 710s and 610s need the KA motor mounts moved back even further than a KA510..... my KA710s motor mounts are almost directly above the front control arm pivot point....... because the transmission would hit the steering center link if the motor was farther forward

510s are MUCH easier to swap a KA24DE .......... the motor mounts don't need to be re-located

That is the variable the makes a KA clear the center link and an SR not?

And if you have to move the engine back anyways wouldn't that mean you could fab the engine mounts in the same locations???

the fact that there 2 completely different motors

the fact that the ka is based on the l series to begin with so its a little bit more comparable

the fact that the ka is longer then the sr thus the oil pan sump is a little bit further forward

I did not know this. -____-

i didnt know it eather till i saw them both side by side i saw the ka in shawns old "boso"goon then a sr 510 parked close to it then i measured i dont remember the exact measurements but the ka is a little bit longer then the sr an sr fits in a 510 engine bay better then a ka in terms of length (not a problem with a 610 as the engine compartment is bigger ill try and get ahold of my friend red and take some measurements and see just how much bigger a 610 bay is compared to a 510

And if you have to move the engine back anyways wouldn't that mean you could fab the engine mounts in the same locations???

I believe that there is some bracing that bolts between the oil pan and the transmission on an SR and this is what interferes with the steering center link. I could be wrong though.

06-26-08_Engine_02.jpg

So now the work begins. I decided to mill the supports on the base of the oil pan that hits the center link.

IMG_9729.jpg

IMG_9730.jpg

A good friend of had a 68 cross member that was already flipped and had motor mounts made so we threw that in there and now able to put a mock in block to start fab work.

IMG_9731.jpg

IMG_9732.jpg

IMG_9734.jpg

What is the variable the makes a KA clear the center link and an SR not?

the fact that there 2 completely different motors

Here is the stock S13 KA24DE in my 710: ............. note the flat area next to the bell housing... (where the bracing would be on a SR20):

255114.JPG

I'm assuming this is also the reason no one does a rear sump SR20....

So you couldn't run an SR in a 710 w/o getting some crazy dry sump set up?

I'd imagine it could fit if you cut/flip the front crossmember...... ... and move the motor mounts back.... ... and modify the steering center link.... ..

I have a front sump KA24DE in my 710..... . :D

I wonder if a 610/180B MadDat conversion kit would fit a 710?:

SWAY BAR PROBLEMS:

I tried to fit the DGR 510 front sump sway bar on my KA710:

71089.JPG

You can see that it will not work for a 610 or 710....... because the T/C rod mounts are VERY different from a 510

So Compression used a MadDat 180B front sway bar on his KA610:

DSC04523.JPG

DSC04469.JPG

DSC04470.JPG