Just a shitty day

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

good job pumpkin.

I dont even have a EI coil laying around.

in theroy the other coil and ballast if hooked up correctly should still work just dont get the full spark.Be more like a Pertronix converstion(electric trigger)

goin back to my earlier post

1) mismatched parts.

2)when using a matcbox dizzy you need to use a EI coil not the point coil otherwise it can heat up. If you use the matchbox with the point coil you still need the ballast resisitor. just hook the B of matchbox to the + side of the ballast.

told ya it was a simple fix

Yea I always suggest using the matching coil.

alot of poeple buy or install coil from different vehecles and it throws it off.

But I seen people not run ballast resisitors when they should and sometimes its fine .Glad Pumpkin got it goin for ya. he manages to keep those A series alive but the electrics are the same in those. just use a worn gear drives on the dizzys.

just weird the off idle bog was caused by the coil. Almost cant believe it. If it works at the higher RPM I think it would be good. Maybe the coil is masking worn out plugs or something.

But knew your were close to getting it. I couldnt even swap in the coil as I dont use the EI coils myself

in theroy the other coil and ballast if hooked up correctly should still work just dont get the full spark.

I seen matchboxes hooked up on the down side of the ballast and still run using the stock point coil/w ballast setup.

I figured he had the 12volt source at the HEI (Spliced together) 12v at the ballast inseries with a point coil. Have the hot start right at the coil(down side of ballast).

I BET THIS WILL WORK and no EI coil is needed. Am I correct Datsunaholic?

Im just upset Pumpkin fixed it before I could figure it out!Damn Bosch coils

Pumpkin 1

Banzai 0

Hey Cuts metal like mad, I'm the dude with the 240z that met you the other night. I stopped by on my way to my bro's house. It was cool talking with you. Wished I had more time to spend that night....

I took your advise and signed up over here. Sweet forum. This is my first post after doing some browsing. Good to hear you got the old 521 running. If you're ever around when I go out to my bro's house I'll stop by again if it's cool with you....

Peace....

Thanks Cuts, I do that. I'll need all the help I can get. First thing I'd like to do is drop the tank, clean, blow the fuel lines, replace any old rubber, and get her started again. It's been about 10 years since I've started the car. I have a broken trans mount too I believe. I can bottom the tranny out if I push down on the shift lever.... :evil:

Sorry for jacking your thread. What's the next thing your going to do with the 521? Let me know if you need any help as well....