i need a new motor

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Blew up" - a lound bang followed by lots of smoke and accompanied by a sudden loss of power unsure.gif.

I have a family friend that owns a mechanic shop he said the block is cracked between 2 and 3 + there are 2 broken valvessad.gif

He said he would help me out and that if i could find a running bolt in motor he would install it for $200!

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo here is another question if you had $1000 to spend how would u fix this issue??????????

i have neither have the tool nor the place or the knowledge to do it myself

knowledge is why your here tho ;)

plenty of seasoned datto veterans around here.

is that an offer skib?

Im always down for datto work days :rofl: I went down to Jas and Skunks in eugene to work on the 710 the last 2 weekends

do you have an area where you can yank your motor? garage, side yard, driveway even?

• Like 1

knowledge is why your here tho ;)

plenty of seasoned datto veterans around here.

Im always down for datto work days :rofl: I went down to Jas and Skunks in eugene to work on the 710 the last 2 weekends

do you have an area where you can yank your motor? garage, side yard, driveway even?

This site freaking rocks. You guys never cease to amaze me with your generous spirit and giving Datsun Nature. Forum hug!

question if you had $1000 to spend how would u fix this issue?

I'd buy the $50 L16 + 5-speed, and pay the friend $200 to install it. Then pocket the remaining $750 for a rainy day.

The L18 is a good motor, but if anything the L16 is even better. L16s don't blow up. :P and the five speed will keep the RPMs down on I-5.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.