KA24 IN DATSUN 720 KINGCAB

jack

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey jack, whats up?

Guys, i was telling jack about a guy putting a CA18 in his Datsun 720. Anyways jack thought a KA24 would be the kind of swap he'd want. You know, torque moves heavy loads and all.

Somebody on Ratsun was just recently (this weekend) talking about a KA swap and whether it fit the L20B or Z24 transmission, but the search function doesn't seem to work too good...any know?

so is there anychance that this trans will bolt straight into the 720? i want the east amount of mods possible as i have not much money or patience like most people lol

is your motor the L20 or naps motor? If naps, it will bolt right up, if not, then you will have to find a naps bell housing to put on your L trans, or find a naps trans...

No problem, show some pictures too :D

I forget that you are from aus, depending on the year you might have an A series??

yeah 720 definatly has l series but i got a shit load of a series enginens lyin round the place cause of my 1000

I checked the build plate under the hood. This will tell you the stock motor, trans and rear gear ratio. The '83 trucks here had the NAPSZ stock. You'll want to find one with that motor or maybe a 200sx (not sure what those are over there though).

200SX = Datsun S110 . You mean one with a Z-series engine?

You can run the L-series transmission too can't you? It will be at an angle, so modify the shifter to suit.

Yup Z-series.

I'd rather not have to deal with the shifter and use the correct bellhousing/trans.