Clutch issues!!

datsun dreamer

Hey guy's! I just replaced my slave cylinder on my 620 and i bled the lines 2x with a full 12oz of clutch fluid and it still has air in the lines! I noticed after filling the cylinder with fluid and driving around the block or just letting mt truck sit long enough the cylinder drains by itself and i have no more clutch!!! What can be the problem here?? It shouldnt have that much air in the lines to go through 2 whole bottles when bleeding??

Need help!!!!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shouldn't hold more than a couple of cups of fluid. The problem started with the changed slave... I would suspect the new slave. Slip some cardboard under that area and let sit over night. You should see wet under the problem area. There is the outside chance that the master has blown (unlikely but....) so look at your carpet under the clutch peddle for wetness.

Shouldn't hold more than a couple of cups of fluid. The problem started with the changed slave... I would suspect the new slave. Slip some cardboard under that area and let sit over night. You should see wet under the problem area. There is the outside chance that the master has blown (unlikely but....) so look at your carpet under the clutch peddle for wetness.

Thanks guy's!

Its my master clutch cylinder! My carpet is soaked and its dripping from from the master inside the cab! I got the new master cylinder just have to install now!

Alright guys!

Just replaced my master clutch cylinder :) ! The rod was a little longer than the original one(hope this doesnt affect the clutch when releasing :unsure: ?) but everything else was a perfect match!

Old cylinder....

Picture070.jpg

Picture071.jpg

And new cylinder installed.........

Picture072.jpg

Picture073.jpg

I will bleed 1st thing in the morning and do any further adjustments if needed :cool: !!

Wish me luck gentlemen....JCCS is only a day away!!!

The rod is adjustable.

Picture071.jpg

When finished installing make sure there is about 1/16" of free peddle play. Push down on clutch with thumb. Adjust rod length so you have about 1/16" of loose travel before there is resistance.

You must have some clearance here or the piston will not fully return to it's rest position and pressure may be trapped holding the clutch arm in slightly.

Hey guy's!

I had to hacksaw off about about 1 inch on the new master cylinder push rod to make it work for me! When i started bleeding the systym the clutch pedal had no pressure and fluid was not moving/draining from the cylinder. I beleive when i had to push the rod in to connect to the clutch pedal about a inch it was disturbing the flow of fluid and pressure and i couldn't adjust correctly cause my peddle bolt pattern was to far back. My original cylinder bolt was 2" and the new cylinder bolt was 3"! By cutting off the extra inch of bolt it matched up perfectly like my original and the problem was solved :). Im not sure the correct size of the bolt my truck is supposed to have or if my cylinder was original or not but it worked for me...if anyone is replacing their cylinder try and match up the bolt length so that it will adjust as close to original as possible! Just a tip that could help :D!

Datto510 and I changed his Clutch master ans the beck Arney was a a tad to long. We or I made him hack saw it off on a dull blade! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!

My 521 I had a Rebestos pakd MC and it was perfect.

Both units are made in Taiwan. They looked like from the same Manf. the the rods were different.

Also The new MC wouldnt push fluid. I put my finger over the hole and had Eric pump the pedal then it got pressure.

So incase the old one stops and you swap out the slave put your finder on the line and pump it for a minute or so to build up a vacuum so it will suck fluid thu the system