HELP-im completly datsuntarded

hey i recently came in 2 posetion of a 77 datsun 620 kingcab for 50 bucks a that is having transmission issues i was wondering who all can help diagnose a autotranny issue an maybe sum isght 2 a swap i was thinking bout first off the tranny doesnt like 2 be shifted in to low or second gear and has no park

second how easy would it be 2 swap in the drive train out of a 87 nissan 300zx non turbo into this truck????? please responded im open also 2 any ideas on what 2 do 2 my new yellow truck

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First work the shifter through the range of motion, motor off. You should hear and feel a click to indicate PRND21. Check that the shifter is in the correct position for each click. Does the shifter move easily through it's range of motion?

The 300 zx stuff can be made to fit, but that is a whole lot of work. Check my build thead in my signature.

thanks for the i sight im not realy looking for a complete tear down as of yet but woulnt mind making it go faster any advice on how 2 do that?with the stock l20b is it a good engine 2 mod??

First work the shifter through the range of motion, motor off. You should hear and feel a click to indicate PRND21. Check that the shifter is in the correct position for each click. Does the shifter move easily through it's range of motion?

you have 2 fight with it 2 come out of park then it seems 2 move fine but i havent driven it yet as i need a battery and 2 install the starter