l20b new weber no acceleration

nathan_454

Im guessing its an electronic choke, make sure you hook up a wire to it, such as the ignition wire off the coil (you want switched power, not something that stays on all the time). If not, it just stays closed like it needs to be choked, even when it gets warmed up.

Also check your dizzy, is it points or electronic? if points, read above what Hainz said

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

choke is wired right

dizzy is electronics

and i GOT IT FIXED!!!!!! finally...

it was timing....... i feel like an idiot.

i was timing it with the vacuum advance plugged in and at too high of rpm. so the mech advance was coming in too.

pinched off the vacuum advance - turned down the idle - timed static timing - took her for a drive and she runs like a raped ape!!!!!! I'm so freaking happy right now. :-)

choke is wired right

dizzy is electronics

and i GOT IT FIXED!!!!!! finally...

it was timing....... i feel like an idiot.

i was timing it with the vacuum advance plugged in and at too high of rpm. so the mech advance was coming in too.

pinched off the vacuum advance - turned down the idle - timed static timing - took her for a drive and she runs like a raped ape!!!!!! I'm so freaking happy right now. :-)

im gonna try this tomorrow, i have the same problem. thought it was the carb, but now im remembering i did the timing with the vac. advance hooked up. my car is doing the same damn thing!! :sneaky:

yeah, I also had to idle mine down quite abit to get the timing set correctly. a combination of mechanic/vacuum advance was playing hell with trying to set the base timing. also not being able to return to idle due to the nut on the linkage being too tight..... compounding problems. :-)