help webber help!

ricky

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im new to the whole 4 cylinder thing im used to 4 barrel Holleys. so i have no idea what kind of webber it is ill post pictures tomorrow. all i know its mounted to a stock l16

if its bolted to the side of an intake, then its a side draft, if its on top of the intake manifold, its most likely a 32/36 DGV 2 barrel. does it have 2 square looking chokes? then thats it - is it manual choke or electric? there isn't much to rebuild on it. the pump or power valve is 15 - 18 bones, the rest is just washers and a top gasket. i had good service getting the stuff i needed from Pierce Manifolds. as far as vacuum advance, on the datsun its usually ported off the manifold itself, not the carb. but depending on the year of the carb you have there should be at least 1 vacuum port on the bottom part of the carb body, but it's possible there are none. Holley bought the rights to manufacture the DGV/DGAV and put in on EVERY K-car they made until 85 or 86 with some differences (smog complications)to the original Weber. so if you're use to Holley's, then you should be Ok with that one!

Roadrace you sure about that?

on the datsun its usually ported off the manifold itself, not the carb.

Its on the carb the vaccum port.

Weber DGVs have a port at the base next to the tension screw. Or soembody plugged it up.

webers dont really need to be rebuilt. As Roadrace said there is a new diaphrame for accel pump and needle valve for the gas to come it but the rest it just gaskets.

My DGV was over 12years old and I never rebuilt it.

what makes you believe the carb is bad.

if anything get a EI ignition so you can rule out that side first then move to the carb.

Thats a nice 510 you have. take care of it not many nice ones left

On the last pic.....what is just above the 12mm bolt holding the carb down? That looks like a broken brass fitting....?

Same location for my vacuum advance (hook-up) on my 32/36.

There are 2 schools of thought on connection. Redline suggests carb vacuum...some have hooked to IM. I'm running mine from the carb......and I don't think my 84 Z24 4x4 could do any better than 30 MPG (highway) and or performance by switching it to IM. :P

Ok that is a stick that some one stuck in there that is actully nothing I pulled it out and no changed I beleave I found where the vacuum port is and it is missing the brass fitting. Good old fashion starting fluid found the spot thanks for all advice

Ok that is a stick that some one stuck in there that is actully nothing I pulled it out and no changed I beleave I found where the vacuum port is and it is missing the brass fitting. Good old fashion starting fluid found the spot thanks for all advice

Well.....where is it?

Left of your stick?

If you cant find a replacement pipe for the vacuum port im sure a little backyard ingenuity could make something work. Just need something that seats in tight to put the hose on. If nothing comes around or works for you let me know Im sure I have some of them floating around in my box o webers.

Roadrace you sure about that?

hey Hainz- you mean about Holley using the DGV for K-cars? 100%. its almost un-recognizable, until you get the top off, then its easy to see. thats where i got most of my jets and tubes from when i ran a DGV. not sure how many carbbed kcars there are in the yards anymore, but they all had 'bastard' DGVs on them.