68 - 73 510 wagoon rear hatch

wanting a rear hatch for a 68 ~ 73 510 wagon. need a price, what the condition is and location, pic's would be nice. I'm going to be in the Portland/Vancouver area August 13,14 and maybe the 15. I'm willing to travel further for the right hatch.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm..

I have one... Good glass. Some surface rust, not through. Some dents along the bottom where someone either tried to pry it open or bent back even worse dents. Has some hardware, though I took all the best parts when I replaced it. Still has the license plate lights but they're iffy condition. I was only keeping it for the glass; so it's free if I remove the glass or I get intact rear glass as replacement.

72-510-003.JPG

That's the hatch. South (of) Tacoma.

free

in my garage

no rust

extremely dented

glass good, most bits removed.

mine's also got extremely amounts of dents & drilled holes from PO trying to pull the damage out plus ur alittle to far south (24hr drive oneway) but when ur up this way in SE WA drop it by, I'll finish stripping whats left. :lol:

Hmm..

I have one... Good glass. Some surface rust, not through. Some dents along the bottom where someone either tried to pry it open or bent back even worse dents. Has some hardware, though I took all the best parts when I replaced it. Still has the license plate lights but they're iffy condition. I was only keeping it for the glass; so it's free if I remove the glass or I get intact rear glass as replacement.

72-510-003.JPG

That's the hatch. South (of) Tacoma.

Hummmm, I've been thinking about expanding my elusive search up to the Seattle area, I got a friend in Kent I maybe can stay with. Let me see if someone will chime in that has one in the Portland/Vancouver area. Still got 2 days to go.

I know of one south of Portland but he's not sure if he wants to sell it. Do you have a pic of the lower dents, so I can check and see if I want to deal with it.

I'm not sure what you mean by (I get intact rear glass as replacement). I think I know what you mean but I don't want to assume. :unsure:

Hardware is not to much of a prob but I do need a good handle, mines got screws from PO back yard fine work ~ :rolleyes:

oldhatch2.jpg

oldhatch3.jpg

oldhatch4.jpg

oldhatch6.jpg

Maybe the rust is a little more advanced. The worst is the top lip. It might clean up with some POR-15, hard to tell. The car had a vinyl roof on it, that's the reason for the ridiculous blue hammerite paint all over the roof.

The dents are one on the driver's side, near the green moss (well, it's outside) and another in the license plate area.

What I mean by free if I keep the window is, as long as I still have a spare window, anyone can have the hatch. Whether that is this window, or your old window it doesn't matter. Easier to leave this window in rather than have to install yours in this hatch.

What I mean by free if I keep the window is, as long as I still have a spare window, anyone can have the hatch. Whether that is this window, or your old window it doesn't matter. Easier to leave this window in rather than have to install yours in this hatch.

thats what I assumed you meant. There looks to be about the same amount of work needed to your hatch that mine needs. Thats what I'm trying to avoid. I don't mine a little damage but I want to have my rear side looking good as the side of the gOOn.

OK, back TTT and now I'm willing to go the extra mile/s for a decent hatch south or north of Portland. What cha got. Doesn't have to be purfect but that would be saweeet if it was...

well my plans had to be changed, due to going to the hospital, nothing bad but I hear child birth doesn't compare to what happen..

Anyway, I'm still up for the long drive and good to go but just not sure when I'm heading over to Portland/Vancouver, waiting on some other Datsun info (it's a secret) so that I can make sure I'm not wasting my time and moola.

so bumping BACK TTT.. come on u horders, give it up. :D

• 2 weeks later...

bump TtT

still need a good rear hatch (68 to 73) for the 68 gOOn.

planning to be in the Portland / Vancouver area in September, if plans go right.

willing to drive for a good hatch as far as Seattle or surrounding area, down to

Eugene, over to the Oregon coast, even up to Spokane...... :hmm:

don't force me to buy one from the local JY, I'd rather put sum green in a Datsun person pockets then the JY.

• 1 month later...

Did you ever get a hatch? Greyhound will ship a 65 pound object with a maximum dimension of 55 inches to portland oregon for 83 bucks, and if either of those are overshot it could be as little as 60ish.

Resizeofbrownhatchoutside.jpg

I wouldn't want much, and you can click through the picture to get to the photobucket album and see more pics of the hatch including details of the worst spots.

not yet but I might have found one in my home town, talk to him yesterday, just waiting to see if he will give me a call soon, he needs some cash since he hasn't worked for awhile.

I also found one in a local JY but they want some serious cash.

I'll keep you in mind. Thanks

Local is always great. Good luck.

If you end up with an extra mount for the grab handle, I could use one for my wagon. Let me know. I have the chrome piece just need the mount. Or if you will sell the whole thing, that's cool too.

I believe he said his hatch had everything on it, including the handle, I'm hoping he will be selling his extra hatch here soon, I'm tring to gathering parts up and want to get this project going this winter. I'll pm ya when the time comes.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.