webercarbsdirect question

nathan_454

has anyone here had good luck with there product... I have called around to different shops.. pierce, racetep, etc. and have been told the carbs from webercarbsdirect are not true webers. they are made in china or Taiwan and not in Italy? is there any truth to this or are the other shops trying to get my business? they are considerably cheaper from webercarbsdirect. but i am willing to pay extra for the real McCoy.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I read somewhere that a few companies have purchaced the rights to the weber name and manufacture in different parts of the world, but legally they can all be called "genuine weber." the guys that sell the italian webers all seam to say so. webercarbsdirect says nowhere on their site that their carbs are made in italy. they don't say where they are made, just that they are "genuine weber" BUYER BEWARE. maybe call and ask em. :blink:

I bought my last two 32/36 carbs from Weber Carbs Direct. It's where I refer most people. They are in NY, ship quickly, and usually know what they're doing. RaceTep I've dealt with and continually had the wrong jets sent to me, which pissed me off. Hence why I started ordering elsewhere. That was about 5 years ago though.

As far as I know, they're all real Webers. They come in real Redline Weber boxes, the rebuild kits have Weber stamped right on them. I think there are some new 34/34 carbs or something like that that are not real Webers, but if you stick with the 32/36 38/38 or 40mm on up, I don't think there's a problem.

Actually, the authenticity is addressed in the FAQ on their website:

http://www.webercarbsdirect.com/Weber_Frequently_Asked_Questions_s/219.htm

Really, I don't see that there would be any difference from a Weber cast in Italy vs. one cast in the US by someone with permission to use the Weber name. (A McDonald's burger in Europe should taste the same here, unless they don't use cornfed beef over there) Either way, I never had any problems with the carbs I got from them. The 720 I sold last year is still running around. He had some drivetrain issues, but motor/carb runs great.

you cant buy a italy made one new anymore, unless its nos.

weber carbs direct is legit, they have the rights for the weber design.

still kinda up in the air if theres a real difference. every italy one has been taken apart and rebuilt by who knows how many people and the kinks worked out. the new ones are, well new.