Got any 610 swag layin' around??

I have a '76 4dr 610, I'm just seeing if anyone else (besides us 610unite!!! guys) has, or knows of any spare, rare, or random parts and pieces for 610's?

I'm just throwing this out there....so let me know!!!

And I got cash in hand, so let's see what u got??

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a '76 4dr 610, I'm just seeing if anyone else (besides us 610unite!!! guys) has, or knows of any spare, rare, or random parts and pieces for 610's?

I'm just throwing this out there....so let me know!!!

And I got cash in hand, so let's see what u got??

Define swag? There are two four-door sedans on this forum. You and Me. If there is going to be swag laying around, the likelihood is high I might have it...or can find it...

I was just thinking that ruckycharms is sitting on that SSS grill I have my eye on....maybe other people on the forum might have so cool shit for me(us), so I figured a post would help!

And any aero parts are what I'm looking for....stuff that might need some modification to fit, but I want my car looking sharp for all the ladies ;) .....just kidding

but I am in search of a rear spoiler, front air dam, grill, bumpers(maybe), and some sweet fender mirrors!

But like SSS badges or jdm emblems, interior excessories, u name it, I want it!

Does that give u an idea? ;)

I was just thinking that ruckycharms is sitting on that SSS grill I have my eye on....maybe other people on the forum might have so cool shit for me(us), so I figured a post would help!

And any aero parts are what I'm looking for....stuff that might need some modification to fit, but I want my car looking sharp for all the ladies ;) .....just kidding

but I am in search of a rear spoiler, front air dam, grill, bumpers(maybe), and some sweet fender mirrors!

No. I feel like this is a reverse "I have such and such make an offer" thread. You want something and you have money, you just have no idea what it is yet. So you want people to post all their shit in a thread to see if you want it? I guess I can try my hand at this random offer thing though.

I have $610 that I will trade for $620. I need it to match my truck.

I'm a fixin to list a minty turn signal switch on Ratsun right.......now. :blink:

I'm a fixin to list a minty turn signal switch on Ratsun right.......now. :blink:

I don't know what that is, but I'll look at it when up post for sale :)

see, I'm getting the ball rollin! If I have to search for parts, which will be an on-going battle, what better way then to ask if anyones got 'em, before I search elsewhere!

Here is a list of the cool things I have done to my sedan to set it "a notch above":

IIRC, you have the "deluxe" center console (with the vents and the console as one piece) - They were pretty much stock after the 1975 model year. I had to hunt and peck for mine, and now I have two. I am working on a cup holder option that looks real damn nice in one. More to follow after my transmission adaptor is made.

Did you have an in-dash clock? That is something else to look for. Fill in the void in the dash. If you have one, look for another. There is a mod that another 610 guy here made an in-dash tachometer out of his, and it sets the the whole cluster to look real nice. I want to get into *maybe* creating some custom vinyl faces, but that is a pipe dream right now.

How is the woodgrain on your dash? Clean or looks like ass? Mine was the latter of the two. I took some cleaner and removed it completely. It looks fantastic as brushed aluminum, and I even took some black vinyl tape and threw a line through twhere the 'Datsun' emblem snaps in. What a difference!

Seat swap. I am putting in Infiniti G20 seats. Maxima seats can be fitted as well. I sit taller, but I need the back support, so the old seats went out the door. Just the front seats are all that is needed to make a BIG difference.

Swap out that retarded two-spoke steering wheel. I hated mine and have since gone for more style. At a good price, of course. I won't divulge what Nissan model it came out of, just know there is a 'Z' in the model name...:)

All of my mods have involved straight Nissan components, except for three parts: BMW projector headlights (which, BTW, if you want them, hit me up sideline. There are many better ways to get the look of the headlights without all of the work), The cupholder is Ford, and the two new fiberoptic pulls for my lights and wipers are from an early Toyota. Otherwise, All Nissan so far.

Exterior mods? Bumpers are '73 specific, and you will need to do some stuff to make them work right on your '76. If you come up on them at a yard, grab the fenders and the front valence to complete the look. Front Air Dam can be had from a VW Golf GTI. A little bit of trimming around the edges, paint, and it looks the part. Rear spoiler, you have to do some hunting. I have seen one style that looks good: ducktail. Its a fiberglass style, but you might have better luck having someone mold and form it to your trunklid. Fender mirrors? Do you have both of the stock ones? Otherwise, ebay, and I'm not talking just US. Try Australia (www.ebay.com.au) and search direct. IDK the style you are looking for, so if you are like me, you won't know until you see it.

Hope this helps. It will likely harm your wallet, though :)

I have $610 that I will trade for $620. I need it to match my truck.

I always wanted a '73 620 to match my 610. Pipe dream. If I grab up another Datsun, Its going to be a 710 wagon. Not anytime soon...

Here is a list of the cool things I have done to my sedan to set it "a notch above":

IIRC, you have the "deluxe" center console (with the vents and the console as one piece) - They were pretty much stock after the 1975 model year. I had to hunt and peck for mine, and now I have two. I am working on a cup holder option that looks real damn nice in one. More to follow after my transmission adaptor is made.

Did you have an in-dash clock? That is something else to look for. Fill in the void in the dash. If you have one, look for another. There is a mod that another 610 guy here made an in-dash tachometer out of his, and it sets the the whole cluster to look real nice. I want to get into *maybe* creating some custom vinyl faces, but that is a pipe dream right now.

How is the woodgrain on your dash? Clean or looks like ass? Mine was the latter of the two. I took some cleaner and removed it completely. It looks fantastic as brushed aluminum, and I even took some black vinyl tape and threw a line through twhere the 'Datsun' emblem snaps in. What a difference!

Seat swap. I am putting in Infiniti G20 seats. Maxima seats can be fitted as well. I sit taller, but I need the back support, so the old seats went out the door. Just the front seats are all that is needed to make a BIG difference.

Swap out that retarded two-spoke steering wheel. I hated mine and have since gone for more style. At a good price, of course. I won't divulge what Nissan model it came out of, just know there is a 'Z' in the model name...:)

All of my mods have involved straight Nissan components, except for three parts: BMW projector headlights (which, BTW, if you want them, hit me up sideline. There is many better ways to get the look of the headlights without all of the work), The cupholder is Ford, and the two new fiberoptic pulls for my lights and wipers are from an early Toyota. Otherwise, All Nissan so far.

Exterior mods? Bumpers are '73 specific, and you will need to do some stuff to make them work right on your '76. If you come up on them at a yard, grab the fenders and the front valence to complete the look. Front Air Dam can be had from a VW Golf GTI. A little bit of trimming around the edges, paint, and it looks the part. Rear spoiler, you have to do some hunting. I have seen one style that looks good: ducktail. Its a fiberglass style, but you might have better luck having someone mold and form it to your trunklid. Fender mirrors? Do you have both of the stock ones? Otherwise, ebay, and I'm not talking just US. Try Australia (www.ebay.com.au) and search direct. IDK the style you are looking for, so if you are like me, you won't know until you see it.

Hope this helps. It will likely harm your wallet, though :)

wow! You've always out done yourself everytime I ask for info! Your like my big brother of all things 610!

I have a clock, I want a cupholder now!! I sit pretty low in my seat, so a swap would be nice, and prolly safer. I know of a g20 sittin around....I'll see if it could be parted?

As for mirrors, it only had one on the driver side, which I already removed. I want black Toyota ones, like on that super dope black '76 jdm one that's all over the web.

I want to remove bumpers, so I can get to work on the little rust issues, but mostly I want it to standout, and look mean! What year gti? And tell me more about the headlights, and it being easier than what I've read about??

Btw, my roommate works on deisel covertions for mercedes, and I think I have a hook on real amber headlights ;)

I'm kinda going for clean, jdm, VIP style, slammed with a few sets of wheels!

I want a dark color too, something glossy.

My woodgrain looks good, and the interior is super clean. I just need to polish and wipe things down.

How can I do fender mirrors without f*cking my fenders up for good??

I can drive again mid aug, so I'm getting ready to have something nice to roll in!

I'm kinda going for clean, jdm, VIP style, slammed with a few sets of wheels!

I want a dark color too, something glossy.

My woodgrain looks good, and the interior is super clean. I just need to polish and wipe things down.

How can I do fender mirrors without f*cking my fenders up for good??

I can drive again mid aug, so I'm getting ready to have something nice to roll in!

The look I wanted is what I call "Resto-Custom". Kind of the look you get when someone reatores a 1950-something Chevrolet or GMC truck to original on the outside, but when you open the door, the inside is total custom. I want a car that I can pull up to a jobsite, and look professional, and the same car can get a car wash and go straight to the show and look just as good.

I love the color I have on my 610. It comes from the Nissan 350Z. Daytona Blue. I toyed with getting the car done Graphite Gray with a couple of hugger stripes (Okay, I'll show my age a bit here: I wanted to go early 90s style with two racing stripes over the driver's side of the car. The first stripe would be 6 inches, a 2 inch separation of paint color, and a 10 inch stripe (6 and 10, get it? Sorry, maybe I am the only one who sees the humor)

Use WD-40 when you wipe down the wood grain. Spray it onto a rag, then apply. It won't mess up the interior like Armor All will (Armor All is alcohol based)

When you pick the fender mirrors you want, hit me up for the measurement from the back of the fender (closest to the windshield) to where the stock holes are located for fender mirrors (The '73 must be the only year where the fender mirror holes get a little cover called a mascot. The mascots on my 610 are painted a contrasting color.)(Take a look at my build thread, first page, more than halfway down, where there is a pic of the fender after getting re-worked. You will see the "arrowhead" on the side for the side marker light; look on the top of that fender. The inverted teardrop shape is where the fender mirror or mascot would go) Then you can use the appropriate sized drill to apply your newly acquired mirrors.

For the BMW light conversion. don't grab the actual projectors, unless you want to spend A LOT of time sculpting new headlight areas in the sheet metal of the car. I did, but I was past the point of no return when I was working on mine. Grab up two sets of just the high beams off of a 3-Series BMW. Gives you the same functionality of brighter lights, and you don't have to re-work the headlight buckets or surrounding sheet metal. Just my $0.02...

I will get info on the VW GTI for you. I have to phone a friend to get that answer. More to follow...

Keep hitting me up with ideas and mod questions. I have been full circle with my sedan, and have either done it, thought about doing it, or have shelved the idea for a better one...:)

I have the following for a '74 610 wagon:

Pair of front turn signals

Pair of front running lights

Pair of "Datsun 610" body side scripts

One taillight....haven't figured out which side

Don't know if '74 interchanges with '76 or not, so any enlightenment welcome.

cgr8818021@bluefrog.com

The '74-on parts you describe will interchange with his '76 for sure. Its the '73 stuff that would be questionable...

The wagon taillight should have some lettering on the back to tell you which side it goes on, at least the sedan tails have it... :huh:

If I grab up another Datsun, Its going to be a 710 wagon. Not anytime soon...

Not that it matters, but in Fresno near the hospital (near Blackstone/Bullard intersection or thereabouts) there is a 710 wagon. At least there was about 4-5 years ago when I lived over there and delivered pizzas.

The '74-on parts you describe will interchange with his '76 for sure. Its the '73 stuff that would be questionable...

The wagon taillight should have some lettering on the back to tell you which side it goes

on, at least the sedan tails have it... :huh:

Thanks, zerow. Yeah, I worked on someone's '73 wagon once so that's the only

non-interchange I knew about. Best looking of all 610 front end designs IMHO.

That was the only '73 610 I've ever clapped eyes on. Rare, are they?

Taillight markings include 220-24168 L and two arrows pointing left towards

what looks to be the outboard side, so I'm deducing left side.

Thanks, zerow. Yeah, I worked on someone's '73 wagon once so that's the only

non-interchange I knew about. Best looking of all 610 front end designs IMHO.

That was the only '73 610 I've ever clapped eyes on. Rare, are they?

Best looking front end for sure. The '73 is very rare, given that it was the first year of the model run, and the only year those bumpers showed up. I know of three 610s that are post-'74 and the owners hunted and hunted for their '73 front end. I'm just happy I have a bona fide '73 sedan.

• 5 months later...

Anyone have any 610 fender turn signals like on the GT-X?

I'm not even sure if that is what they call them.

I know the parts that cover the holes are called mascots but other than that, I don't know.

Can you give me some ideas on where/how to search for them. When I Google them, nothing comes up.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Anyone have any 610 fender turn signals like on the GT-X?

I'm not even sure if that is what they call them.

I know the parts that cover the holes are called mascots but other than that, I don't know.

Can you give me some ideas on where/how to search for them. When I Google them, nothing comes up.

Thanks!

Are you talking about the side marker lights from this photo:

http://members.fortunecity.com/mang01/Nissan/images/610_l20a.jpg

Or are you talking about the fender mascots that go on the tops of the fenders to cover the mirror holes? (like what is shown on my car) (the mascots are black, and the side markers are obvious)

101_0158.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.