Parts Cleaner tank

mklotz70

Sorry, this isn't a how to build one. It's much easier to buy a HF one and go from there. I had the video camera in hand a few weeks ago and decided to do a quick vid of what I'm using. I know when I got my tank, I looked all over the place and asked a lot of people about what to put in it. Here's what I use. :)

th_100_5630.jpg

I guess that last change to the forum got rid of the film type border that let you know it was a vid instead of a pic?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I must have one of the older style pumps because it works fine with the petroleum based solvents. When I got it back in '89 or '90, there was a fuel distributor in Woodburn that had real solvent available at a pump for the then ridiculous price of $1.54 a gallon. I filled up two 15 gallon plastic drums and used that for a long time.

One thing that I have on mine is a small air regulator with some plastic tubing so I can percolate low pressure air into a can with bearings or something, walk away and let the air and solvent clean the parts while you're doing something else.

I read in the manual where it said it had to be water based solvent....so I took it out before even trying the mineral spirits on the pump. I recently found out my buddy has been using min spirits in his HF tank with the original pump.....I still have the pump...I may put it back in :)

I've heard other people talk about purple power....I may have to try that.

I've always run the old style (hardcore death solvent) in my HF parts washer, and I've had no problems so far with it eating the pump. However, I've been using the purple power for cleaning everything else now (that doesn't fit in there) for about a year, and it works way better than the death kill stuff. Needless to say, I'll be changing over to the purple power in my HF cleaner, when it's time the replace the solvent in the tank.