ca18det or supercharged ka24de

hey guys i will be getting radio redlines 510 on sunday and he will be getting my 521. i want to swap motors in this car eventually, but isnt a big concern, jus buy parts here and there, then whenever i get all the parts, swap out. i would like to be boosted also with a 5 speed. so my choices are either.... supercharged ka24de, or a ca18det

questions are... which is lighter, more reliable, cheaper, more unique, easier to swap in, more powerful

pretty sure i want to do the ca18, jus cuz of the answers i just asked, but lmk some other opinions. also, who has all done the ca18det swap? cant really find much for them.. n i not much of an sr person...

this is the car

28241_1455025568616_1022627806_1305753_162292_n.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

questions are... which is lighter, more reliable, cheaper, more unique, easier to swap in, more powerful

pretty sure i want to do the ca18, jus cuz of the answers i just asked, but lmk some other opinions. also, who has all done the ca18det swap?

not many people have done the ca18 swap, thats why i decided to do it, i just finished the swap in my 510, here's the link -- http://community.rat...8det-510-build/

ca is lighter than sr, ca even has iron block.

ca has solid lifters, no rocker arms, which can rev higher, ca is way cheaper than sr but ka is cheaper than ca, ca is pretty easy swap (for me at least)

any more questions i will be happy to answer for you.

ca18det is lighter and more unique

Ka24de supercharged is more reliable(just because you can find parts at the local parts store or Junk yard) and cheaper(when it comes to parts availability)

But I say if you want reliability go with an L series.

Power - i think that is dependent on how much you fix each up

Ka24de has more info on how to swap in.