Proper Technique for Removing L-Series Temp Sender?

Gensaiken

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to remove the temp sender from the housing but I was wondering if there is a proper way to do it rather than just bashing it with a hammer till it comes out.

Anyone got some techniques?

Put a rag on the bottom of the assembly and run some vinegar over it. Took a while to soak in thoroughly. It worked for mine as it took off the corrosion from the brass and coolant built up over time.

Put a rag on the bottom of the assembly and run some vinegar over it. Took a while to soak in thoroughly. It worked for mine as it took off the corrosion from the brass and coolant built up over time.

Interesting. I may just soak it in some vinegar. Thanks.

best to leave it bolted to the head as a suppeort and maybe try soem heat from a torch.

Be honest I have never gotton one off w/o breaking the lower housing. I always get/have spares or new nousings and nut.

I'm not so much worried about saving the unit but just figured some one has to have an easier way of getting it out than hammering it till it comes out. :lol:

Can you get a new nut for these? I figured you had to reuse the stock unit.

just figured some one has to have an easier way of getting it out than hammering it till it comes out. :lol:

you'd think so... :rofl:

i try to remove them in the JY, most arent worth sticking in my pocket

got both from rock auto last year.

I tried the vinegar and I think mine was too far gone for it to work.

I ended up finding a round object that was the same size as the sender unit and hammered it out. It was really rusty so I'm not suprised it didn't want to come out.

Thanks for the suggestions.