D21 rattling noises.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wheeee! Just got back from the Joan Jett concert at DAA tonight. I was 20 feet away from Joan Jett and the Blackhearts! Fuck yeah! :D I'm all excited, can you tell? Anyway, can't hear too well and my voice is a little weak, but started uploading this before I left. Here is the finale of the whole timing cover debacle:

Well, so far it worked. Buttoned Gracie back up, had a little clatter at startup, then went away, blissful silence! Hopefully no leaks tomorrow as I'm dragging a motor down to the Datsun guru's shop. Debating if it's possible to stick an Altima head on the truck block, and how much of a pain in the ass it would be. The Altima intake is a lot different than the 240sx, and parts are easier to find and cheaper. Might investigate that since I promised Gracie I'd start building another motor for her.

Yeah, I'm not so worried about that as the intake. Need to find a '93 Altima and see if the sensor collection is the same or pretty close. Think that might be the problem. And I've also thought about an SR20DET since I know they've been put in hardbodies, but to my knowledge, never a 4x4. Unfortunately that's a rather expensive option.