L20B w/DogLeg Transmision

I Don't know much about the motor but it seem to have everything.

Don't know the miles, bore, stroke or head but the last owner said it is stock.

I will not part anything out it goes as is.

I don't know much about L20b nor what the price go for one of these but I do want to sell soon.

P1010380.jpg

$500 obo (New Price)

Pick Up ONLY

San Diego, CA 92131

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

L16/18 by the looks of the PCV hose.

To be sure you should look just behind the dip stick handle on the top edge of the block just below the head gasket. The motor size will be stamped there. For the head casting look just behind the fuel pump down where the head meets the block. There is a raised casting number there. Likely 210

L16/18 by the looks of the PCV hose.

To be sure you should look just behind the dip stick handle on the top edge of the block just below the head gasket. The motor size will be stamped there. For the head casting look just behind the fuel pump down where the head meets the block. There is a raised casting number there. Likely 210

Thanks, it was pretty hard looking for it actually ... I had to take the metal brush and clean the motor off but even then it's still kinda hard to see the code.

Yes, it is a L20B.

I just realize that I post this in the wrong thread ... anyway there's a picture of the L20b engine code.

You can barely see the stamp but that's the best I could do with my old digi cam.

I assure you it's a L20b

There's also a video I don't think you can see the L20b stamp though ...

And the only thing I see on the head is " Nissan Japan U67 ". There's a few numbers on the back side where the transmision is but I can't tell what the number is ...

P1010387.jpg

http://http://s324.photobucket.com/albums/k352/kevin_kwon89/?action=view¤t=P1010385.mp4

rare 1600 ribbed valve cover.

So it is. The block vent pipe looks like an L16 too and no EGR stuff.

Ok L20B with U67 head. Used on '75-'77 620 trucks and similar year cars.

So is the price is right?

I know the transmision can cost up to 350.

L20b, can't find a price for it but I'm guessing 300 or less (running). The last owner did said that it should run but to be on the safe side, whoever buy this should rebuild the motor.

Valve cover is rare you said ...? lol so 600 for the whole thing isn't that bad right ....? or should I raise it haha jk

to bad your so far. the u67 is a good head too. its not a peanut head but its still a good one.

kinda funny, l20b, u67 head, 4-1 header, dogleg tranny, rare valve cover but for some reason theres still a stock carb on there :lol: . nice little engine set up, just kinda funny. I wonder if its all stock on the inside.

So is the price is right?

I know the transmision can cost up to 350.

L20b, can't find a price for it but I'm guessing 300 or less (running). The last owner did said that it should run but to be on the safe side, whoever buy this should rebuild the motor.

Valve cover is rare you said ...? lol so 600 for the whole thing isn't that bad right ....? or should I raise it haha jk

The motor is worth $50-$150 and although it might run, and run well, there is no way to know. Right now it is just a core for rebuilding and should be treated as such. Same with the dogleg. It is a total unknown. It could be in need of a full rebuild which would be another $350 or more on top of the buying price. $350 for everything is a great price, a very good price if it was in a car and running. $500-$600 for both in good running condition to the right buyer wouldn't be out of line.

$350 as it is now is.... ok. But not higher I think.

Let me get more info on this engine and trans from the last owner.

It is for sale haha I haven't got any protential buyers .... it is obo so please do offer.

Lowballers are welcome but it doesn't mean that I will sell at a low low price.

kevin,alright that sounds fair.im in no hurry,i have an L-18 in my car now that runs pretty good.im wanting the L20B for a little more power.i might even go a little more on the price.you said lowballers welcome i had to try.i live in san diego also so i could pick this up.thanks john.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright plan changed.

any plan to meet a buyer 1/2 way? ;) :blink:

i may be down there in 3 weeks..

another method to ID an L20b to an L16/L18, is the timing cover top bolts.

doubled on a L20b cover, single on the L18/16

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.