ID this Carb!!

I am having issues with my 720's carb, stock hitachi, I'm thinking of swapping them around with this one from the 620.

IMAG0128.jpg

IMAG0129.jpg

IMAG0130.jpg

IMAG0131.jpg

PO said it was rebuilt within the last year and it has mix adj screw that the hitachi doesnt, and that is the issue due to the hitachi is runnin rich. so what is this carb and if an adapter plate is needed, who has one? I need to knock this out asap. The 720 is only getting about 22 MPG when my brown 720 was getting 28+ on the same setup.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DatsuNoob

I think you may just end up replacing that one a while after you install it. Unless it's a perfectly operating Hitachi, I would try to find a rebuildable core weber at a JY for $50, clean it up, and see if you can get it to run or rebuild it, and probably be into the whole thing right around $100. Just an idea

I think you may just end up replacing that one a while after you install it. Unless it's a perfectly operating Hitachi, I would try to find a rebuildable core weber at a JY for $50, clean it up, and see if you can get it to run or rebuild it, and probably be into the whole thing right around $100. Just an idea

Ya got a $100?? :P This is just a temp fix till I decide on the final carb setup for the 720, still not possitive if I am going with a single siddraft Mukuni or a new down draft Weber 32-36. I am just tired of the carb giving me trouble. I just need something to get me by for a month or two then I can toss it back on the 620 later. Another thought comes to mind though, I might just do some trading, the 620 for a complete carb setup and the cash to finish the exhaust for the 720.

Service is going to hell here at Ratsun when it takes only 6 hours a thread a PM and the mention of "douchebag" twice to get an answer!!! ;) :rofl:

I was in Ontario when I saw this last night and am now back in BC.