motor swap

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It will fit! Thats the good news, the bad news is that it will take a decent ammount of Work, Money, Fabrication, and MONEY! You may consider selling the 6 for the moneys to build the stock engine. For the same ammount of money you could make the 4 faster than the finished car with the 6! I would think long and hard about wha path to take! If you have the Skill, Moneys, Metal, and BALLS to do the 6, Do It. Just make sure that you have enough of what you need to get it done. Gotta be carefull, dont wanna loose the whole car cause you bit off more than you could chew. Easier said than done!

Welcome to Ratsun!

And Pics NOW!

Well, you'd likely have to hack into the firewall, and you'll also be limiting yourself at the radiator as far as how thick of a radiator and/or fan you can use. 510six has a straight 6 in his 510 so you might try asking him if he thinks it's worth it, which I'm guessing will be a "no" if you're just leaving it stock, as his is also turbo'd with a shitton of other performance modifications that make up for it perhaps not being the best motor swap into a straight 4 engine bay. The VG30 or VG33 would be better, fairly inexpensive swaps that would fit better in the 710 engine bay.

well first off the 6 only has a blown head gaskit for what iv been told by someone close so i beleive them but i know i wont realy know till its open , is there a figure u could give me and some sites i could do some research on that r good i was givin this site by a guy named dug that followd me and stopped and told me how much he liked my car

Give the dude a break, prolly just fishing to find out shit! There are no Stupid Questions........ you know the rest! ;)

Im not givin him shit just sayin ;)

and yes, there are stupid questions :lol:

years ago I asked if an L28et would fit in a roadster.... thats a stupid question :P

well the only way to gain experiance is by others that have done it and by doing it yourself but that goes for everything im not saying i will go ahead with it but i would like the respect for my motivation but i do know where my bounderies r and thats y im here to find them and to see the best route is

• Like 1

well the only way to gain experiance is by others that have done it and by doing it yourself but that goes for everything im not saying i will go ahead with it but i would like the respect for my motivation but i do know where my bounderies r and thats y im here to find them and to see the best route is

Yea....What he said!

the best route is putting in something that your not going to have to hack 80% of your fire wall out to fit.

your going to need a lot of time, gear, money, and skills to pull it off as well.

Like Matt said, the VG's are good candidates as well is KA's, SR's, CA's, and rebuilding or hopping up the original L4

my girl has a 710, we dont see them very much at all. The inline 6 would be a great power upgrade but you would have to do some cuting to the car. Its also going to cost you some real $$$.

If i was you i would sell the 6, and pick up a KA24e or KA24de, iv seen them for under $400 running.

The ka will give you alot more power then the old l20, and its a engine that has so much aftermarket stuff its not even funny. + theres a whole lot more info on geting them to fit in a datsun.

Being a 710 owner and knowing how rare they are i would hate to see you get your self in to deep trying to cut up your car to get that 6 in there and then end up giving up and having one less 710 in the world.

not saying that i dont think it would be cool, or that i dont think that you can do it.

maybe check out like one of the nissan 240sx fourms web sits, those guys are always tossing out good KAs so they can go SR20.

there are web sites that you can get new or rebuilt KA engines, but its going to cost you a good deal more money.

Just do what i do and check CL as far as your willing to drive. I check all of OR most of WA and some of CA for parts, datsun, or what ever it is im looking for.but i like road trips :P .