510 head lamp problems

oneta22

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:blink:i have parking lights but no headlamp or high beam??? i have brake lamps and reverse lights but no headlamps......

try these

turn on your headlights, check that the red/red with blue are getting power. those are the headlight wires coming from the fuse box. check the fuses, the two on the top right. unplug the lights from the plug, check with a multimeter... one of the pins of the low beam should be getting 12v.

http://www.510coop.com/completed/HLrelay.htm

if not there's always the handful of rewire your headlight diagrams.

id start there.

no headlamp or high beam???

ck your replace fuse or wiggle fuse in fuse box.

PS

get a test light.

with lights OFF, Yes off . Ground test light and take pointer end and put on back of lamp where you can tought the contack. If you get power on all 3 then your fuse/power is good and its a grounding proplem.

take out relay and reconnect. maybe corrossion

PS

get a test light.

with lights OFF, Yes off . Ground test light and take pointer end and put on back of lamp where you can tought the contack. If you get power on all 3 then your fuse/power is good and its a grounding proplem.

doesn't the headlight wire going from the fuse block terminate at the headlight relay and switch over when the relay's coil is energized? oh wait, the stock headlight system is a switched ground right?

PS

get a test light.

wheres the headlamp relay located at??? iam new Datsun guy.......................

99 times out of 100 it's a fuse box problem. Let the fuse box sit in white vinegar overnight to clean up the connections. Even if it's not the actual problem, it something that needs to be done anyways.

unplug they fuse cover and let it sit in a bowl of vinegar????ill do that.....

DUDE BREAK out the test light and do the test first/ 3min job then let us know

Wiggle fuse and or buy new fuses first.

If your going to vinager the fuse box ck under neath it also.As wires can break BUT before this do what I said get the test light

maybe unpleggin ght right side of the fuse box conncetion(that goes to the lights) But if you have pwer to the lamp contacks on all 3 (LOW) and both on the HIGH beam then power is making it o the lamp then the fuse box is good. then its a switching GROUND proplem

DUDE BREAK out the test light and do the test first/ 3min job then let us know

Wiggle fuse and or buy new fuses first.

If your going to vinager the fuse box ck under neath it also.As wires can break BUT before this do what I said get the test light

maybe unpleggin ght right side of the fuse box conncetion(that goes to the lights) But if you have pwer to the lamp contacks on all 3 (LOW) and both on the HIGH beam then power is making it o the lamp then the fuse box is good. then its a switching GROUND proplem:o

okay i tried that no power i tested the three fuses on the left side if ur looking towards the engine bay no power.... what now???

• Like 1

Isnt the head lamp power on the right side of the fuse box?????

the dash is not taken apart is it? I hear there is a ground wire by the hood release for the light switch.

pwer will come up from the fusable link at the starter lug then work its way up to the fuse box. Some will have a while wire and soem will have a red yel or red/wht. maybe wiggle the connectors that go to the fusebox or ck the wires going in to the fuse box for power.

did this light work before?

• 2 weeks later...

Isnt the head lamp power on the right side of the fuse box?????

the dash is not taken apart is it? I hear there is a ground wire by the hood release for the light switch.

pwer will come up from the fusable link at the starter lug then work its way up to the fuse box. Some will have a while wire and soem will have a red yel or red/wht. maybe wiggle the connectors that go to the fusebox or ck the wires going in to the fuse box for power.

did this light work before?

i tested the wires on the lamps no power..........lights never worked since i bought the car....

This should be easy, check power at the fuse block on both sides of the fuse. One side doesen't then you have a blown or broken fuse. If the fuse checks out ok then move on to the headlight relay. If you have power at the relay then check the power on the output side of the relay if no power then either your relay is bad, your power wire going up to the relay is broken. You can also run a continuity tester between the fuse block and the relay to see if you have any issues. Most multimeters have them.