H190 Rear Brakes

]2eDeYe

Does anyone know if the H190 ever came with self adjusting rear brakes? Does the 720 have this capability? Is the Hardbody rear an H190? Does it have self adjusting rear brakes?

If so...Would I be correct in assuming that they would just bolt up to my 620 H190?

Maybe the wagon version is self adjusting, does it have smaller drums?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve I believe they actually do. I will check with a 720 buddy. I think he said '82-'83 Nissan installed them. I think he found this from trying to swap axles and finding the newer ones longer because of this. I'll check.

Yes, they are called CALIPERS.. :fu: :fu:

Actually some of the 720's did get self adjusting stuff, i think starting in 80. But i think that the axle shaft length/hosuing lenght change also to accomodate it. Might be better off just swapping in a 720 housing.

Ya I know :lol:

...just looking for an inexpensive option. The front will have discs, but I'd rather not fuss too much with the rear. This thing is on a budget. :lol:

The 720 has a wider housing than the 72-77 620 correct? The later 620 is supposed to be wider, is it the same width as the 720 or is the 720 even wider?

Looks like a trip to PAP with a tape measure is in order. :)

The early wagons 68-73 are not self adjusting and I am not sure about the later wagons. I did the simple conversion to 280ZX rear disc's. It is about $125 for the brackets if you buy them and the rear calipers are a dime a dozen at the junk yard. I do understand the budget thing however...rear disc for my car or food for my 3 kids. I got the disc's! :P