gas gauge

Skib

my wagons gas gauge only works up to the 3/4 full mark, when it shows i am on E i still have well over a quarter of a tank.

mines kinda like that too. sometimes it feels like reading half tank, sometimes it doesent want to do anything :rofl:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

mines kinda like that too. sometimes it feels like reading half tank, sometimes it doesent want to do anything :rofl:

sounds like its almost time to pull the gas tank and inspect the reastat (sp) wiring, might have some tarnish build up.

My 510 was not working so pulled the float out, clean up the tarnish build up with carb cleaner, reinstalled and now works like new.. ;)

sounds like its almost time to pull the gas tank and inspect the reastat (sp) wiring, might have some tarnish build up.

My 510 was not working so pulled the float out, clean up the tarnish build up with carb cleaner, reinstalled and now works like new.. ;)

can I pull the float from that panel in the cargo area or do I have to drop the whole tank?

Ya, in the cargo area theres a metal plate with two screws that comes up and the wires to the sender are right there. If you still have the rubber mat thing back there or carpet itl be under it.

Ill prob see if I can fir the sender out of it today and try and get this retarded thing working.

• Like 1

Ya, in the cargo area theres a metal plate with two screws that comes up and the wires to the sender are right there. If you still have the rubber mat thing back there or carpet itl be under it.

Ill prob see if I can fir the sender out of it today and try and get this retarded thing working.

yeah, pull the panel and the sucker is right there...be VERY careful with the sender unit though, most senders are very delicate.

when you ground out the wire right at the sending unit(when you pull that panel up you will see two connections on the sender), does the gauge go to full? cause that right there will tell you the problem isn't like mine (a bad voltage regulator or connection at the dash). cause if it goes to the F, screwing with the sender will be a waste-0-time.