Blown hg?

izzo

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oo...

ill go smell it, its kind of an all the time thing. i dont notice it driving, but if i stop somewhere and hit it, it will do it again.

i have tuned the carb too, let it warm up. adjusted the air/fuel mixture screw. should be ok i would think, carb is kinda worn tho

My L16 does the same thing except it does not smoke. It does leave a lil bit of water just like yers. My hg only has 7000 miles on it. I'm not worried I think its just condensation.

I had an L20b with a new hg and then come to find out the head was warped. It steamed a lot more than yours does tho.

Believe it or not, water is a byproduct of combustion, so to some extent a drip out of the exhaust can be normal. In addition, as a result of the way some mufflers are laid out, water can collect in the bottom of the muffler and cause a symptom like that. My L20B in my truck has done the same thing as long as I can remember, at least after first starting it after it sat overnight. This was true before and after I did my head gasket last year. That being said, after I get it all warmed up to operating temp, it doesn't have any drip coming from the tailpipe at all. I don't get any visible vapor unless it's winter time, just the water dripping from the exhaust pipe.

Have you driven your car long enough to get it all heated up so water in the muffler/exhaust might have a chance to burn off? Is it losing coolant? Sometimes a compression test can point to a blown head gasket too. What do the plugs look like? If you are blowing unburned gas out of the tailpipe, one would think that your plugs would be fouled.

It cleared up after a while, but i notice it from time to time. even after i drive it a while. I double checked the intake, as for adding water no. I check it and its fine. Ill pull the plugs another time. TOMORROW IS CANBY!!! gettin my drink on a little bit tonight, heading up to astoria tomorrow to meet up with datto510 and then taking off