710 Wiring issues/ diagrams?

If anyone has wiring diagrams, for a 76' 710 Station wagon please please help, it keeps frying my voltage regulators, What happened is awhile back my battery terminals shorted out on my hood, that kill the car right then and there that day. I replaced the battery, all battery connections and fuse- able links that were melted. I changed the alternator. i charged the battery over night, took it on a drive the next day and he died out, i figured it was the voltage regulator, i ordered a new one of eBay for $19.95 and i installed it, got her running and the wires on the new one started to melt. what do i do now?????

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my car did the same sort of thing but it was becasue someone left some wires uncovered by the regulator and it touched the back of it and killed the car. I had to replace the voltage regulator and a bunch of wires and it's ok now. Just make sure you have no exposed wires in there...

If anyone has wiring diagrams, for a 76' 710 Station wagon please please help, it keeps frying my voltage regulators, What happened is awhile back my battery terminals shorted out on my hood, that kill the car right then and there that day. I replaced the battery, all battery connections and fuse- able links that were melted. I changed the alternator. i charged the battery over night, took it on a drive the next day and he died out, i figured it was the voltage regulator, i ordered a new one of eBay for $19.95 and i installed it, got her running and the wires on the new one started to melt. what do i do now?????

Is this not posted in GENERAL DISCUSSION???? Multiple post are a FAIL. Please post in the correct forum the first time. (I deleted the post)

Thank you very much for deleting my content, I'm glad you feel the need to make help to me less available.

Is this not posted in GENERAL DISCUSSION???? Multiple post are a FAIL. Please post in the correct forum the first time. (I deleted the post)

Without prejudice, multiple post are really unnecessary anyway and a waste of forum space. Suppose you post the same question in General Discussion, Other Datsuns and Nissans, General Technical and Electric. All would generally cover the 710 wiring question and you may get multiple answers by members not aware that it's been answered already in a different forum. It quickly becomes a jumbled mess. A single post keeps all discussion and spin off discussions on the same page and makes a search in the future for 710 wiring problems much easier for others. Trust me, if the question is put out there someone will answer it... and it looks like they did.