Broken 280zx (NOT280Z and NOT turbo) 5speed

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone who is coming to Canby have a broken non turbo 280zx 5 speed they would be willing to part with for cheap? A great opportunity to make some garage space. :lol:

You and me both are looking for one or hopefully just have opportunity to find one :lol: good luck ;)

whats cheap?..lol.. :D

Not working, taking up space, planning to fix but never will, broken but having an un natural attachment to it and in the interest of good mental health should just let it go and move on... somehow, tired of hitting shin on it when looking for a part that actually works, bad enough that it takes up space but it drips oil on other parts that do, waiting for scrap aluminum prices to go up but they never do, sigh. That cheap! Think of it as a body donated for a stipend to an anatomy class for learning and scientific experimenting for the betterment of all. :lol:

Which first begs the questions.... do you have one and are you going to Canby? :D

Sorry Brian I lost track. Yes it will physically bolt up to the KA but will have the L series shifter tilt to the driver's side. So I would say NO unless you swap a Z series front case half on or the front case from a KA tranny. This will hold the tranny at the proper angle to the motor.

Nope. Only borked 5-speed I have is from a '77 620. I gave my only late-model broken 5-speed (83 720) to Icehouse and it was so broken HE couldn't use it (and all he wanted was the front case- it was that screwed up. And it still ran in all gears when I crawled it home...)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.