So.Cal/Torrance Japanese Classic Car Meet! SUMMER NIGHTS!

zetozeto99

My experience is that OC cops are pretty dicks... never had a problem with a SouthBay cop aside from a speeding ticket. Which was obviously my fault. The general rule is... if you aren't doing anything wrong they will leave you alone.

Face it... not all cops are dicks... but in general some cities/areas are more notorious than others for having higher levels of doucheness... in OC I think it's Huntington Beach/Newport Beach that deserves that title.

• Like 1
  • Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Face it... not all cops are dicks... but in general some cities/areas are more notorious than others for having higher levels of doucheness... in OC I think it's Huntington Beach/Newport Beach that deserves that title.

Ahh...I can prove you wrong on that one. While I was living in Cyprus going to work at 5:30AM, I was driving down Ball rd towards Valley View to get gas at the Mobil on the corner. I change lanes with 2 car lengths in front of the only other car on the street. The cop going the other way flips a U-turn....crap. He waits until I pull into a stall and get out of the car. "Get back in the car" ...wtf you wait till I'm already out. After minutes later, he says "Did you know you cut that guy off back there?" "No sir, I always use my turn signals and gave enough space, and waited before I moved over" ."Well thats how people get shot" I'm thinking IN CYPRUS?! but yeah. In the end he goes away without giving a ticket. But yeah, sorry to threadjack but basically I can say Cyprus takes the cake.

• Like 1

Ahh...I can prove you wrong on that one. While I was living in Cyprus going to work at 5:30AM, I was driving down Ball rd towards Valley View to get gas at the Mobil on the corner. I change lanes with 2 car lengths in front of the only other car on the street. The cop going the other way flips a U-turn....crap. He waits until I pull into a stall and get out of the car. "Get back in the car" ...wtf you wait till I'm already out. After minutes later, he says "Did you know you cut that guy off back there?" "No sir, I always use my turn signals and gave enough space, and waited before I moved over" ."Well thats how people get shot" I'm thinking IN CYPRUS?! but yeah. In the end he goes away without giving a ticket. But yeah, sorry to threadjack but basically I can say Cyprus takes the cake.

Lame... I got the same "pulled over story" by CHP near LAX

I was thinking Cyprus in the Middle East until I saw the streets you mentioned. I've lived in Cypress for more than 20 years and have never been hassled in my 510.

As long as you are not doing anything wrong, I think they are chill.

That was funny. I was thinking the same thing. I worked in Cypress back in the 70's at forest lawn. :P

Well... like I stated guys (and most of us seem to agree): The cops generally won't bug you if you are not doing anything dumb.

Now I would much appreciate that we all stick to the Original Topic at hand: The Ongoing Summer Meets. If you wanna talk about how you feel cops of certain geographies please start another thread. If a Mod could clean up the thread I would appreciate it. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello New To the forum

gonna go check it out tonight

see you guys there

myspace.com/MadManPhoto

Megavic@madmanphoto.com

www.MadManPhoto.com

l_0eb1ecaf43d5471aae8e8188bc997593.jpg

Welcome NISMO90631! By some strange coincidence, I have your name on a decal attached to my back window- what are the chances huh?! blink.gif?

hahaha that is awesome lol ive been using that screen name since i had my sentra back it 2002