Ca18det motors $500

I think I'm gonna ditch my CA swap stuff. Let's start with a feeler for my motors. I have two DET motors. One has flywheel, clutch, and coil packs, other is missing these items. Both have intake manifolds, one has a stock exhaust mani the other is missing, but I do have a nice aftermarket for te right price. They both are missing the auxillay stuff like fuel rails, alternators, starters, etc. I bought them as a package deal with some other stuff too, but I have not pressure tested either motor. They both turn freely and seem to be ready to run. Let's say $500 obo for the more complete one and see where we end up for the other.

Let me know if you need anything else, or I'll post stuff up as I get to it. I have ecu's, wiring harnesses, injectors and turbos.

These would be good for extra motors or someone piecing together a nice swap.

Let me know.

Scott

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bump.

Also got two one wiring harness. One is complete, the other is already started for a Datsun install. Let's say $150 $100 obo.

One SR20 Turbo and two stock CA turbos $100.00 $50.00 each obo.

S14 MAF $50.00 $20 obo

One stock ECU, and one tuned for 550cc injectors and Z32 MAF. $150 $100 stock, $200$150 tuned obo.

550cc injectors $200 $150 obo.

Stainless top mount manifold, I think it's by XS. Let's say $300 $200 obo.

I think that's it for now. I'll try and get to my bro's place to get pictures, he's holding all the stuff right now. Let me know what's up guys. Might even be able to work something out if someone wants the whole lot.

You can text me at 213-810-8103.

Thanks

Scott

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

has anyone put the CA18DET into a 620 yet?

i have my eye on one, and may be interested in the harness you have thats ready for a datsun

I think I might've seen someone that was trying to put it in a 620 but not sure. Sorry I was on vacation and could'nt get on the boards. Let me know about the harness. It's not ready to just plug in and play, the PO just cut out the connectors and it seems to have the wires that need to be put on a relay twisted together for later connection.

Thanks for looking

Scott

can you post a pic of the stock ecu and post the part numbers on it.

Sorry I couldn't respond earlier. I'll try and get to storage and get some pics and numbers for you by this weekend.

Thanks

Scott

what trans would i need to put that in my wrl411 and is there an automatic available cause motor is shot i think

I don't know exactly what would work for a WRL, but usually they use a CA trans, or a KA trans with a CA bellhousing. If the bellhousing will swap, I guess you could use a KA auto trans, but I don't know how everything else would line up. If you could find a suitable flexplate and torque converter, it might work. Could probably use stuff off of the US CA20, or CA18et.

Scott

I think I would rather put one in a lighter B-210 than a 620. It would shave 700-800 lbs.

thay makes no sense at all....lets see, the stock L16 makes what 80hp at the crank? and the L20 is what 115hp at the crank?

where the CA18DET is 175hp at the crank stock...install a boost controller and different turbo and you will be putting about 200hp at the wheels easily.

you're right it makes no sense to install it in a 620 rolleyes.gif...considering the 620 weighs in at exactly 2160 pounds, it is lighter than most cars...hell my MkII jetta weighs 2400 pounds

granted the B-210 is about 1640 pounds, it is not 700-800 pounds lighter than the 620

• 2 weeks later...

can you post a pic of the stock ecu and post the part numbers on it.

Sorry it took so long:

40a2ff8b.jpg

23710 36F15 MEC-DO17 B1 0904

933e6190.jpg

23710 36F11 MEC-DO15 A1 9X1C

Just curious, do any of these numbers make sense to you? I don't understand what any of it means. I would think that same motor, same car, should be the same ecu.

Thanks

Scott

what trans would i need to put that in my wrl411 and is there an automatic available cause motor is shot i think

CA is too wide for the engine bay of a 411.

• 1 year later...

Updated prices on an earlier post. I figured it was easier to use this old post than to write a new one.

I finally sold one of the motors, now I only have 1 long block CA18det. $200 obo

Check earlier post for prices on the other stuff I have. I'll work out a package deal if someone wants more than one thing.

Thanks

Scott

thay makes no sense at all....lets see, the stock L16 makes what 80hp at the crank? and the L20 is what 115hp at the crank?

where the CA18DET is 175hp at the crank stock...install a boost controller and different turbo and you will be putting about 200hp at the wheels easily.

you're right it makes no sense to install it in a 620 rolleyes.gif...considering the 620 weighs in at exactly 2160 pounds, it is lighter than most cars...hell my MkII jetta weighs 2400 pounds

granted the B-210 is about 1640 pounds, it is not 700-800 pounds lighter than the 620

The 510 wagon weighs 2,100 pounds, no way a 620 weighs the same. The emissions sticker on the later ones says 2,750 pounds and that sounds closer. Hell they have a big heavy frame and torsion bars.

• 8 months later...

B210 weighs over 2000 pounds

620 I think weighs 2400 short bed or 2600 King Cab. The underhood emission stick doesn't specify the weight, it specifies a rolling dyno setting, which is higher than the actual weight of the car.

CA18DET is awesome for a 620, it will lessen the weight on front, making it more balanced, and will have more power and torque than the stock motor.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.