Removing Emissions Crap from 620

Gensaiken

I know there's a lot of emission junk on the 620. I'm just wondering if anyone knows the answers to some of my questions.

Is there anything that looks like emissions that shouldn't be removed?

Ditch the air pump - Yes?

Ditch Carbon Canister - Yes?

Ditch BPT valve and EGR - Yes?

Ditch anti-backfire - Yes?

I kind of want to swap the intake manifold for a cleaner 510 model with out the bulky crap on the end of it like the 620 has that holds the EGR.

Issues with swapping for the 510 manifold:

1. Holes where carburetor sits on top of are slightly smaller than 620 manifold.

2. I have a W58 round port exhaust head but I don't know if my intake holes are bigger than the average head.

3. I can't seem to find where the crank case ventilation connects to on the manifold. Does it connect to the air cleaner on some versions?

Anyways, I know this is way more complicated than it really should be but stupid emissions changes between models and years makes this such a pain. :angry:

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get a "circle" style header. An anti smog intake. The valve cover tube connects to the air cleaner. You got to keep pcv valve, it connects to the side of the engine on the driver side engine block. Hmmmmmm... Weber carb and adapter and your done? Take off all the rest of the smog.

I know a guy who might have a circle style header...

Get a "circle" style header. An anti smog intake. The valve cover tube connects to the air cleaner. You got to keep pcv valve, it connects to the side of the engine on the driver side engine block. Hmmmmmm... Weber carb and adapter and your done? Take off all the rest of the smog.

I know a guy who might have a circle style header...

I know the valve cover tube connects to the air cleaner. Does the crank case valve connect to the air cleaner as well?

I'm keeping the stock hitachi, having it rebuilt and I don't plan on doing headers.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Are you throwing these parts away? While you're ripping that out I'm trying to piece an emissions system together for cali! lol

Haha, I don't have any use for the stuff. Its all just sitting in a box.

crankcase from block goes to PCV on lower intake(bottom of the carb)

what I did is cut the L20b pipe out from the block about a inch from comming out then cut the pipe and stuck the L16 one on there and routed it a L16 system using a L16 PCV rubber hose part to the PCV valve so it look like a L16 system.

Only issue is that in removing part of the emissions I lose that valve off the intake. I'm wondering do i have to customize this valve to come off the intake or can it work off another spot. :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

nope no details, my grandpa (who is a total badarse and smokes captian black in a pipe) made it back in the late 70's early 80's i rogued it off of an engine he had. but really all it does is plate off where all the bs used to be, it covers it up, bolts up, and has an egr valve fitted to a piece of steel water pipe that is welded into the side. al you need to do is a get a template and cut one out of plate steel with a saw or a torch or whatever then route your pcv into it with whatever fitting you choose. its as simple as that

nope no details, my grandpa (who is a total badarse and smokes captian black in a pipe) made it back in the late 70's early 80's i rogued it off of an engine he had. but really all it does is plate off where all the bs used to be, it covers it up, bolts up, and has an egr valve fitted to a piece of steel water pipe that is welded into the side. al you need to do is a get a template and cut one out of plate steel with a saw or a torch or whatever then route your pcv into it with whatever fitting you choose. its as simple as that

I was kinda wondering the same thing actually...

Is the EGR valve connected to the elbow or is there an air gap or something? From the pic it looks like a gap between the two. Sorry in advance if I'm being dense :unsure: