front suspension rebuild. where should I order parts

inline4

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

for the rest of the polly bushings hit up Energy Suspension.

what else are you looking to replace? how big of a once over are you going for?

well im not quite sure how it happened, maybe the alignment shop didn't tighten the nuts on the camber plates (I've driven the car maybe 2k miles since last year) but the plates have shifted. the pull I noticed on the freeway a few times might have been the plates actually moving while driving. how full scale I go would depend.

as far as the car sitting right now. I have front and rear coils and camber plates. I really want to get byrons rear crossmember adjusters and a few things squared away.

Never use poly T/C rod bushings......... get some new replacement rubber bushings........... the poly ones can snap the T/C rod, and bend the whole strut tower...

I've never done control arm bushings.....

Tie rod ends and ball joints are nice to have........... I got those at any NAPA or foriegn parts store,,, same with the T/C rod bushings

Never use poly T/C rod bushings......... get some new replacement rubber bushings........... the poly ones can snap the T/C rod, and bend the whole strut tower...

I've never done control arm bushings.....

Tie rod ends and ball joints are nice to have........... I got those at any NAPA or foriegn parts store,,, same with the T/C rod bushings

is there any benefit of going all dori dori with dp racing or troys setup since I'm replacing things?

x2

polly dosent leave any room for it to flex and it will bend/break them

I broke a T/C rod with poly bushings from the 80's........ I got really lucky and didn't brake very hard, which could have been a disaster

new rubber T/C rod bushings= $25.......... adjustable hiem jointed T/C rods=$200

About the same for control arms.

I drove 20k miles in a 510 with cut springs and worn out bushings........ new tie rod ends helped..... but new rubber T/C rod bushings and extra caster added alot of stability.. ... .. .. ... .. I still haven't driven with all my new adjustable stuff..... someday

Adjustable is cool until it gets loose on the freeway....,, like your camber plates,,, which should be tightened ASAP......... DO NOT drive with loose camber plates...

ok, so just go with all stock rubber bushings? don't put in whatever poly bushings I have?

and what mfg should I get these parts from? lets say I want to do a full complete front end like tie rods ball joints etc.

I see Icehouse always has Moog tie rod ends........ inner and outer (they were about $23 each 6 years ago) ... you need 4 (2 inner,, 2 outer)....... ball joints should be about $35 each (you need 2)

A new steering center link is about $90 ..... not needed if yours is still straight

Like I said: new T/C rod bushings (rubber): were about $25.............. but all these prices were 6 years ago,,, and my memory isn't very good

And a new idler arm was about $65-70

Or if you want to go crazy: Hiem jointed control arms $180 +tax and core............ Adjustable T/C rods $200 +tax and core

Do you have a front sump sway bar? .... new bushings?.......... I would check the fluid in your steering box and adjust it........ and get a good alignment after new tie rod ends and ball joints....

But most importiantly: Tighten your damm camber plates........ you can adjust them evenly then tighten them back up.......... that is MadDangerous yo

...Like I said: new T/C rod bushings (rubber): were about $25.............. but all these prices were 6 years ago,,, and my memory isn't very good...

I got mine in March for ~$40 at the dealer for all four. Talk them down if they are not in stock. My dealer had one in stock (who buys just one...???) and his in-stock requirement was to have at least 2. He did a charge correction to buy 5 and have me pay for 4. Took about a week to ten days, but well worth it. I'm rebuilding with all MOOG parts. Check amazon.com for some of it, I got it all for Christmas when the car was in for paint and body. As stated, get the poly bushings for everything else. I got mine as a package deal on fleabay for less than $100. May even have a link for them "pieced out" for even less. Lemme look...

Yep, here you go...http://www.suspension.com/nissancars.htm

Dude knows his stuff. I bought my bushings over two years ago, and IIRC, he was really on top of things for the Datsuns. Good Luck!

go all polly except the TC rod bushings

they are OK on a stock ride height, otherwise the TC set from experimental engineering is the way to go.

maybe for replacement idler bushings too.

there is a local shop, freed sales 818/998-0976, ask for tim (maybe mention me) that will ship

they usually stock moog or mcquay norris(= random manuf :rolleyes: )

i may still have a set of energy susp CA bushings...