Progress on the 77....sorta

low_blazer

The 77 is finally getting a little attention. There are 2 other trucks I really should be working on, but she needs some love. I pulled the booster off my parts truck and flushed the brake system, now even with the drums all around she stops on a dime. I also pulled the bed off the parts truck and replaced the swiss cheese bed on the 77. You don't even know how hard it was for me to not bag the thing while I had the bed off..lol. I have most of the parts I need, so it will happen...

At any rate, I took a couple shots of it with the new bed, poor thing needs a bath badly. I'll clean it up tomrrow, Washington weather permitting..lol

77dat8.jpg

77dat9.jpg

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks :) She's getting there...trying to avoid turning this one into a full on project..

Had the day off today, and while I should have been working on something else, I took the time to make the little Datto all one color again. After a good scuff and clean, and a couple quick coats of Rustoleum semi-gloss black, we have a winner..lol. Not perfect by any means, but better than it was, and it will work for now..

77dat11.jpg

77dat12.jpg

77dat13.jpg

Thanks :) The internet and semi gloss paint make it look WAY better than it really is..lol. The body is pretty hammered..I think the only straight pannels on the truck are the hood and roof. She's a good 10-footer for sure though :) And the LZ24 runs like a top, lots of fun to drive..

Truck is looking good. LZ24? Lets see some pics of that bad-boy & some details about it.

Another Kitap Ratsuner. You should go to POTD this Sunday. We are meeting in the Target/Starbucks parking lot in Gig Harbor @ 10:15 on Sunday to caravan to the Tacoma Mall @11 to meeet up with some more Ratsuners & then roll to Des Moines Marina.

I wish I could make it, my work schedule is terrible though :( I'll be stuck at work till 9:30 sunday night...hooray.

I originally picked the truck up from Odmanjohnson (Joel) back in the NWDE days, and he's the one that did the LZ, so I cant take any credit for this one. I've had her for about 5 years now, and she's never let me down.

It's got the z24 bottom end, A87 head if memory serves (I should have double checked when I did the headgasket a few years back), Delta Street/Strip cam, header, and webber 32/36

77dat1.jpg

Hah..sorry man. I almost had it sold once...even had a down payment, couldn't bring myself to do it. She's staying put. If the need ever arises though, I'll let you know.

It does still have the 4spd auto in it...which reminds me, I need to flush it and put a new filter in...it's been a while

that i believe is correct, not a direct bolt in though, drive shaft had to be shortened.

I did the 4 spd auto swap in my 280zx turbo. Shortened driveshaft(new one made up), cut tunnel tranny mounts and made new brackets and through-bolted them with reinforcement on both sides of the tunnel and a modified maxima shift lever with the OD button.

My only concern about the swap into the 620 would be the tension/torque bars(?). I imagine it is pretty close in the back. The OD unit is about 6=8" longer than the 3n71b.

I will make a decision once I get the truck running better whether or not to stay with an auto or convert to manual tranny.

I'm sure the crossmember will need to be modified and keep an extra crossmember around in case I want to go with manual.

by the looks of it, the drive shaft was shortened an inch or two, and the transmission crossmember was modified for the trans mount. It fits fine between the torsion bars, no issues there..

Can you take pics of the transmission, crossmember and torsion bar area?