D50 or Thunderbird springs stiffer?

SRSANDS

Hey guys I am slowly working all the bugs out of my car and I am working on the biggest issue I have. The rear springs in my car are just not stiff enough. I used the d50 springs and still have too much squat when I get on it. Are the Thunderbird ones stiffer thant the d50's? If not anyone know of a manufacturer I can order some at a 800-1200 pound rate? I am also considering using the subaru shock with spring around it along with the d50's to get this mofo stiff, let me know if you have any useful info. Any other vehicles have super stiff springs that would fit in out 4" spring buckets?????

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys I am slowly working all the bugs out of my car and I am working on the biggest issue I have. The rear springs in my car are just not stiff enough. I used the d50 springs and still have too much squat when I get on it. Are the Thunderbird ones stiffer thant the d50's? If not anyone know of a manufacturer I can order some at a 800-1200 pound rate? I am also considering using the subaru shock with spring around it along with the d50's to get this mofo stiff, let me know if you have any useful info. Any other vehicles have super stiff springs that would fit in out 4" spring buckets?????

www.specialtyengineering.ca

• 2 weeks later...

just buy qa1's

I wish I had 500 bucks to throw at the Dime for a rear co setup but really I dont. I got the 1250 pound springs on their way from specialty and Kyb gas adjusts with matching dampening so we will see how this set up does....im sure it will be better than slamming my ass into the pavement whenever I get on it and having the tires chirp on the top of the wheel wells though

im stupid.. lost.. ok so u have the d50 springs which are wht spring rate?? and u still squat to much?? U are now going to use thunderbird springs wht year??? wht needs to be done to them? to make work

I dont know what the spring rate of the D50's are or the Thunderbird springs. I was told the D50's are a nice stiffer upgrade so I went and got some, cut them down to aperfect hieght and put them in and its still too soft. Too much torque slams my ass into the pavement when I get on it. I dont know what year thunderbird front springs people try but they would be too soft also so 1050 pound springs are whats going in it......

By the way any one wanna buy some cut d50 springs for 25 bucks (just what I paid)

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for the Specialty springs?

210 us dollar with shipping......half what a set of coilovers are worth and all I need I hope. In order to make this spring rate perfect its to my understanding youve got to pair them with the perfect shock. A range of Compressed height 13.4 extended height 21.2 travel 7.8 and your got yourself a race set up. Cant wait to get them in!!!!!

Well, got the specialty springs!!!! They are short as recieved so I threw thm in just to see how it sat. It sat pretty good, wheel well arch about a quarter inch below 16" 50 series tire line.......took it for a test ride.....shit it rode incredible. No rubbing or squat problems at all. All the power transfered to the wheels instead of squatting springs. I took them back out and trimmed 3/8 of a coil out and it sat perfect with the wheel well arch at the rim. Took it for another test drive to make sure I didnt bring back squat problem....nope not at all I am very ery happy with the handling. The rear of the car feels super solid. I also installed the techno toy top hats in the front instead of the metal to metal top hats that came with the gc coilovers up front. Let me tell you thoe things are worth every penny if you dont have them yet...the steering is smoother and easier...just awsome

Well, got the specialty springs!!!! They are short as recieved so I threw thm in just to see how it sat. It sat pretty good, wheel well arch about a quarter inch below 16" 50 series tire line.......took it for a test ride.....shit it rode incredible. No rubbing or squat problems at all. All the power transfered to the wheels instead of squatting springs. I took them back out and trimmed 3/8 of a coil out and it sat perfect with the wheel well arch at the rim. Took it for another test drive to make sure I didnt bring back squat problem....nope not at all I am very ery happy with the handling. The rear of the car feels super solid. I also installed the techno toy top hats in the front instead of the metal to metal top hats that came with the gc coilovers up front. Let me tell you thoe things are worth every penny if you dont have them yet...the steering is smoother and easier...just awsome

Thought you might happy with Andy & Tracy's springs :cool: ! I run the front on my blue goon and I have a full, matching set for my next project sedan. They've done 510 modifications for years and still support the 510 as well as any other modern car. You should have seen the Toyota 2000GT that they where working on for Toyota .....

What shocks did you pair them up with? Also, can you post some pics so we can see how your car sits? I have D50 springs but haven't run them yet.. if you're having squatting issues, I'm sure I will too. Thanks!

I have squatting issues with a bagged L20b and the D50 Springs. I still like them, but, if you have more power and want stiffer and lower ....

• 2 months later...