newb to the z scene!!!

Braden

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok so heres the bad, it needs floor pans bad!!!!, it also needs alot of metal around the front of the floorpan and the battery tray is gone, the plus is that it will run if i can get fuel to it, and it has nice wheels. what i need to know is where to get floor pans fairly cheap and how do the 260 and 280z dashes interchange? it needs alot of metal work, a little interior work and minor work on the drivetrain.

the 240/280 dashes dont interchange and the 260 stuff depends on the build month because its a mix of both lol.

for repo Z floors go to Zedd Findings

Floors%20-%20240Z%20-%203.JPG

I have a driver side floor and frame rail of theirs to get rid of if your interested.

whats under the hood?

if they would let me buy just a passenger i would buy your drivers side, both of mine are gone, it needs lots of hours of metalwork, on wednesday when the rain goes away i will jerk the seats out and the 45 floor mats and inspect the lack of metal, its a shame someone could let it get like this!!!! as far as under the hood its teh stock L24 with msd wires and coil, dual webers!!!!! and a header!!!

The outside looks great

yeah its not too bad but there are some fairly serious rust spots and it has been painted awhile back it has form what i can tell a skim of bondo in some areas but if you look on the other side of the panel there isnt like huge holes or anything. she is definitely gonna be a few year project to get to where i want it, its going to take me awhile to do the metal work once i can talk my friend into using his garage!!! lol

Heck, the Webers are already on there, and they run fine, just leave 'em alone. No sense in replacing something that works.

they are almost new too, they are nice and clean inside, hell i rebuilt my hitachi on my 620 and it is already dirtier than these carbs!!

you can also get dash caps from MSA (thezstore.com)

Redoing the dash yourself with some tenacity, a bit of filler foam, and some reading up on others who've done it online and you can keep the look of the original dash without slapping a cap on it.

Don't be too surprised when you hit rust in places you didn't think it'd be!

Are you going to take it down to nothing and rebuild, or are you going to go a little more moderate and clean up the rust and keep it on the road?

Redoing the dash yourself with some tenacity, a bit of filler foam, and some reading up on others who've done it online and you can keep the look of the original dash without slapping a cap on it.

Don't be too surprised when you hit rust in places you didn't think it'd be!

Are you going to take it down to nothing and rebuild, or are you going to go a little more moderate and clean up the rust and keep it on the road?

a little of both, ill redo the floors and the rails and part of the back deck, then i will probably seal those spots and paint them then drive it!!!

Good deal! It really looks good, and the wheels are great.

the scary part is inside the car, the floorboars are gone and i got to looking at them and i think they have been replaced before which is bad bads bad because who knows what the body looked like before they painted it, this car has some extremely dark secrets inside of it! i will get pics tomorrow