Denver Area People

OG lil E

Hey Everybody,

Seems like alot of the Denver people have been pretty quiet here on the board lately. Where's everyone been?

Hard to believe since it has snuck up on us pretty fast, but the first Golden Super Cruise is next Saturday night, May 1.

I thought I'd post it up here and see how many people are ready to get out their truck for the summer and hit the street.

A few of us will be meeting at the Golden Realty again like we did for most of the cruises last summer. We will get there early so we can get a good spot, but if you want to hang out with us for a while, it's better to show up early before the lot packs out.

I've been seeing alot of cool little trucks around town lately, and it would be something if we could fill up the lot with a large group of minis. Hopefully we can show people that the mini truck movement is making a comeback.

So, who's in? Hope to see all you guys again this summer. E

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Everybody,

Seems like alot of the Denver people have been pretty quiet here on the board lately. Where's everyone been?

Hard to believe since it has snuck up on us pretty fast, but the first Golden Super Cruise is next Saturday night, May 1.

So, who's in? Hope to see all you guys again this summer. E

Where have we been? I've been snowed in. :huh: I've also been busy building! ;) Will you post the address for the meeting spot? If I can't make it on May first, I will make it another time.

Let's keep this "Denver Area" thing going. I spoke to Denveratsun the other day and he is working on a meet on May 31st. I've been thinking about having a "cruz in" at Pikes Peak International Raceway.

I think you should change the title to this thread to "Denver Area People" and we can all use this to get organized for some meets this summer! :D :D

Where have we been? I've been snowed in. :huh: I've also been busy building! ;) Will you post the address for the meeting spot? If I can't make it on May first, I will make it another time.

Let's keep this "Denver Area" thing going. I spoke to Denveratsun the other day and he is working on a meet on May 31st. I've been thinking about having a "cruz in" at Pikes Peak International Raceway.

I think you should change the title to this thread to "Denver Area People" and we can all use this to get organized for some meets this summer! :D :D

I guess I should've posted the address to the realty. I just figured that everybody knew where it was. Sorry about that. It is at 17695 S. Golden Road, right across from "The Village" Shopping Center.

I hadn't heard about Denveratsun's plans to have a meet in May. I'll definitely keep my eyes peeled for that.

A cruise in at PPIR would be cool. I didn't know you could still get in there. Isn't it closed down?

I don't understand what you mean about the title. Do you mean to eliminate the sub phrase about the Golden cruise and just kind of make it a place to tell area people about what's coming up? I wonder if it will get moved to another part of the forum? I like alot of different Datsuns, but I'm partial to trucks, so I posted it here. E

The z car club of colorado will have the new road course track, High Plains Raceway on June 5th. We have about 40-45 cars, and not always z's.

It would be cool to have some old trucks come out and show off. It's free to spectate or even ride of you can borrow a helmet.

Read the history link about it, www.highplainsraceway.com The z club owns a small part of it along with 11 other clubs. 2.5 mile road course 17 miles east of Byers on us 36. It's a real grass roots effort in building our track.

I agree this is in the correct place. We need to get the Colorado / Denver area Datsun trucks together. We need to get organized and have some meets. I've met several great Ratsun members with cool trucks in the area.

I'm the G.M. of the newly reopened PPIR. We have a lot of exciting things going on at the track. I will work out a meet of some kind at the track soon.

We need to get all of the Colorado Ratsuners regularly viewing this thread.

Denveratsun has a meet on Monday Mat 31st (Memorial Day) at his church. There is a sports car race at PPIR May 29th & 30th. How about a cruz-in at PPIR Saturday May 29th? I can arrange for an area for all of the Dattos to park together. We can all watch the races Saturday then there will be an opportunity to drive Legend Cars after the races end in the afternoon.

What do you all think?

I'm up for whatever! My truck is good to go. I would love to connect with some Roadster guys, Zcar guys, trucks :blink: Whatever!!!

The meet at PPIR is gonna be sweet! I will try to make it for sure.

Hey lilE...I see you around town all the time and never get to connect. i saw your rig at the JY that other day too...See you saturday for sure!

Smiley's 720 is lookin sick and should be up for the trip!

The little show at our church is gonna be pretty cool. We only have room for 100 cars and weve got like 30 already. WE are lookin for quality rather than just filling the lot. anything from old Mercs, to blown dragsters, to 33 coupes to massive Chevy's are welcome.

MEMORIAL_DAY_CAR_SHOW.jpg

Registrations available online...email me and I'll send you one. youth@stjohnsdenver.org

Stay in touch.

Here's the z club's latest newsletter.

You don't need to be a member to join us. There are a couple of events some may be interested in.

Iron Butt Challenge and the rambler collection. And don't forget the Cerebal Palsey Concours held at Araphoe community college.

All the info for these and other events like our driving school at High Plains Raceway.

http://www.zccc.org/Odometer/odocurr.pdf

And our monthly meeting is tomorrow night, first wednesday of every month at the New York Deli News on east hampden.

Yes I know it's a shamless plug for the club. But I would like to see more participation from all models of Datsun and Nissan.

denveratsun.... Why?! WHY?! The mead motor club is having a car show on the 31st and I'm trying to get my truck somewhat put together to rep the shop at their show. With this new job its really screwing up my summer show schedule. They have me working every sat. Last sat i missed 2 pretty big shows in the area and missed out on the super cruise.

...Things.. not .... going... as.... planned!

• 5 weeks later...

The z club has our track event at High Plains Raceway all day tomorrow in case you want something fun to do before the cruise.

www.highplainsraceway.com for directions. It's about an hour east of the mousetrap then 17 miles east of byers on us 36.

It's just as much fun spectating and if you ask someone they might even give you a ride. long pants, long sleeve shirt and closed toed shoes while riding on the track.

Alright Darrel...you can borrow the thread :P

Call me and lets see about getting some Datsun guys together Darrel...PM with phone number on the way

Golden was really mellow last week...a little rain maybe kept some folks away?

Hey E...it was good to see you guys up there, hopefully more will come next time eh?

You guys missed a great day at the track. I ran with a group of 3, 2 240 and one 280z for most of the day. We each took turns leading a session. The last session I took one of the miata drivers for a ride. He still had stock brakes and street tires. I had him worried with my late braking at the corners. He was impressed with the 240z brakes. I have stock brakes with organic pads but stickier tires than what I used to run.

• 1 month later...

OK, the golden super cruise has been noticed by a few in the zroad group and we might get a group together and come out the next cruise.

Now how early is early to get a spot in the golden realty lot?

I need to know this so we can organize to get there early enough for a spot.

OK, the golden super cruise has been noticed by a few in the zroad group and we might get a group together and come out the next cruise.

Now how early is early to get a spot in the golden realty lot?

I need to know this so we can organize to get there early enough for a spot.

I cant say how early...I have seen cars there by 6...I have seen empty spots at 7....Ive seen the lot totally empty...:)

Usually if one or two show up, you can just park all crooked, put out some lawn chairs and take up all the spots... :P

I'm so pumped if there are gonna be a bunch of Datsuns there! I know that Smiley and I have been pretty regular, OGLilE and a couple others have been too. I saw a 1600 Roadster there last time....and a couple Z cars recently.

I'll be there man!

Last week a VW club drove all the way up from the Springs. They were floored with how many cars were there :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

I have you number, at least the number you gave me, left messages but never had any reply. :-P

I will see how they want to come in, either get to the realty office and hang around for a while then go for a couple of laps, or go for a couple laps then park? What do you recommend?

btw, we had a nice group go on our inaugural iron butt mtn pass challenge this past weekend. 19 cars total, 10 s30's, 2 350z, 1 370z, 1 z32, a mini, a gti, 2 911's and a another newer porsche. Of those 16 made it to the end, the others had other things to do along the way.

9 mtn passes while crossing the divide 6 times. We started at kenosha pass and ended at cameron pass near ft collins.

Hey...that little mountain cruise sounds like a ton of fun...a real workout for the cars...but fun!:)

Yep...same number i've had for a long time...I guess it might be worth trying again?

I'll be there at the Super Cruise and I'm lookin forward to meeting some other Datsun folks. :cool:

Kya - will you take the lead in posting Colorado shows and cruises?

I'd like to come out to more things, but I never know when and where. :huh:

You will need to post them at least a week in advance and three days and then if I'm still not responding you will need to call me and kick me in the butt! :P