keep wilwood rears and rig up spot caliper for parking brake

inline4

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have maxima rears on both of my Z cars. They work great.

On my race car I run stock front calipers and rotors with the maximas on the back. Porterfield pads at both ends. I have never had any brake fade on that car. Short track or long.

On my street Z I just put them on last weekend so I haven't had a chance to really try them out.

Over size rotors and huge calipers are a waste of money on datsun. Just my .02

For clarification the wilwoods are already on there so I would probably just need to figure a way to bolt the spot calipers or sell em and go maxima

Get Maximas. Rears only do 15-20% of the work anyway so why get carried away with them. You would only need them if racing. (if even then) Drums are fine but disc are sexy.

http://www.jamarperformance.com/Store/Details.asp?ProductID=31

Here is the answer to your question!!!!Check it out. Hydraulic park brake. Anybody driving their 510 around with 10-15% of all the braking in the rear is in trouble. The rear is more like 30 or 40%. Drums, please. Soft pedal and adjusting the shoes gets old. Stock heavy nissan calipers...better than drums but I had trouble dealing with cable routing and reliabilty of the hand brake. Maybe it was just me, but that was a nightmare. Clamping, welding in a couple of sleeves for the cable pass though. Forget about it! Troy.

http://www.jamarperformance.com/Store/Details.asp?ProductID=31

Here is the answer to your question!!!!Check it out. Hydraulic park brake. Anybody driving their 510 around with 10-15% of all the braking in the rear is in trouble. The rear is more like 30 or 40%. Drums, please. Soft pedal and adjusting the shoes gets old. Stock heavy nissan calipers...better than drums but I had trouble dealing with cable routing and reliabilty of the hand brake. Maybe it was just me, but that was a nightmare. Clamping, welding in a couple of sleeves for the cable pass though. Forget about it! Troy.

Troy,

I'm actually thinking of doing both, line lock up front and spot calipers in the rear. I need to redo the front brake hardlines anyhow...