710 wagon slam

brodude

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I used shortened 510 struts with coilovers in the front............. with 510 camber plates, and 510 T/C rods

The back can be sitting on the bumpstops and not look low enough.......... a 2 inch lowering block would require alot less cutting than the 3 inch lowering block..

• 2 months later...

Did u ever lower your 710 wagon? i have one also, and im seeking aftermarket, strut towers, and coil overs? do u anything?

I'm really wanting to slam my 710 wagon but am having trouble finding coil overs i have found front coil overs but not back and was was wanting to buy the full set. If someone could please point me in the right direction. thank youbiggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

thats a sexy wagon.

Thanks man....

Here is a pic with the stock suspension,,, and no weight in the back:

521051.JPG

And my favorite pic: ... (the oil pan is 3/4" off the ground),,, and someday the rear will be low enough to level out the rockers

78712.JPG

Did u ever lower your 710 wagon? i have one also, and im seeking aftermarket, strut towers, and coil overs? do u anything?

If your stock brakes are okay you can get lowering springs for your 710 struts..... or put coilovers on them and maybe shorten the strut tubes

You can also use any struts that fit in a 68-73 510...... i.e.: 280zx struts with better brakes, and ~1 inch shorter strut tubes,,,, the spring perch needs to be cut off though, and either weld on a 710 perch,, or use coilovers.

You can see in this pic,, the bottom strut is a stock 280zx strut and it is ~1 inch shorter than the stock 710 strut above it:

71051015.JPG

The top 2 struts are 71 510 struts shortened ~2-3 inches with Koni inserts,,, and coilovers with #225 springs ( a little too stiff,,, and WAY too low) the tires were rubbing with the coilovers raised all the way up