280zx master on 510 ???

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so i have the zx master for my 510 and pulled the rod out of my 510 master and it dosen't look like it will work what did you guys do about the rod that pushes in on the master ????

i took the 510 rod off the 510 mc and used it on the 280 mc - it wasn't attached like it was on the 510, but i adjusted the slack out of it and have never had a problem. somebody else recently commented on this and they said they ground a point on the 510 rod where it locates on the 280mc - sounded like a good idea and i thinkl i'd do that the next time i did the swap.

I'm trying to do this right now. Anybody got any pictures on how they are doing it. I took the rod out of my 510 MC, but rod can fit through the whole of the stopper on the 280zx MC? Also the plungers how easy should they be able to move by hand? I mean if I put the rod into the MC and push how much should the plungers move? Sorry lots of dumb questions.

Ok that makes me feel a little better lol. I couldn't do it, was trying to decide if mine sucked, or if I was that much of a pussy. lol.

So probably what I can do is weld on the tip a bit then grind it down so it fits into the end like others have. Cool gives me an excuse to break out the welder.