what is this?

Gary

handsome chaps of ratsun!

ive been messing about with my 620 getting ready for RWC, and found this;

111.jpg

222.jpg

its on the right side of the engine (as if you're at the open bonnet looking forward), just next to the engine mount on that side. looks like it reaches out and touches the crank, each rotation (or half rotation, i dunno) makes it push air out of one outlet and suck it in from another, makes funny noise whilst doing so :D

its on a J15, and mine wasnt connected to anything, the engine runs fine. what is it? whats it do? given im running alright without it, can i remove it and just pop a blanking plate over the hole in the block?

• Like 1
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kamakazi620

alright big fella, whats it doing on my engine?

Some JACKASS!!!! left it after puttin a Electric fuel pump on!!!!!! DER DER!!!!! Repair Engines Much??? Didn't think so!!!!!! I know yer toilets flush BassAckwards Do yer minds THINK the same?????????

• Like 1

they do actually :D why an elec fuel pump? maybe one of the solid lines busted and they didnt know how to fix

JZ's, SR's, buick 3.8's, mazda b series, KA's, EJ's, UZ's, VG's, CA's, LSx's, holden 5L's, 5S's, 4A's

worked on plenty of them, never found any redundant mechanical fuel pumps, my bad hey :P

edit you seem pretty angry for a self confessed downie?

• Like 3
Guest kamakazi620

they do actually :D why an elec fuel pump? maybe one of the solid lines busted and they didnt know how to fix

JZ's, SR's, buick 3.8's, mazda b series, KA's, EJ's, UZ's, VG's, CA's, LSx's, holden 5L's, 5S's, 4A's

worked on plenty of them, never found any redundant mechanical fuel pumps, my bad hey :P

edit you seem pretty angry for a self confessed downie?

It's NOT self confessed Down syndrome I made fun of a Dude for lookin' like hes Got the down and the Mods Plagued me with the title!!!!! Besides the point I'm drunk and just about PISSED myself when I saw this Pumpkin' was makin' fun of this thread,and I don't see why anyone whould give him positive repp for sarcasim??????I'm SArcastic ALL the F'n time and EXPECT Negative repp!!!!! Hell I enjoy it!!!!There was a time i had -252 repp and I would point something out and the person would be like "YOUR RIGHT I NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT!!!!!" and i'm like DER DER!!!!!!! I know engines but the computer/ecu BS don't get me started!!!!!!! I WAS just pokin' SOME fun !!!!!! DON'T get me wrong MANG!!!! YER funny to boot !!!!!! no hard feelers???? K!!!

• Like 2
Guest kamakazi620

haahahahah you sure you're not australian? :D

Nope Long line of GERMAN decent With some POLLOCK Thrown in!!!!!!! hahahahaahahah You know why pollocks don't have Icecubes???????? They lost the recipe!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Some JACKASS!!!! left it after puttin a Electric fuel pump on!!!!!! DER DER!!!!! Repair Engines Much??? Didn't think so!!!!!! I know yer toilets flush BassAckwards Do yer minds THINK the same?????????

It's NOT self confessed Down syndrome I made fun of a Dude for lookin' like hes Got the down and the Mods Plagued me with the title!!!!! Besides the point I'm drunk and just about PISSED myself when I saw this Pumpkin' was makin' fun of this thread,and I don't see why anyone whould give him positive repp for sarcasim??????I'm SArcastic ALL the F'n time and EXPECT Negative repp!!!!! Hell I enjoy it!!!!There was a time i had -252 repp and I would point something out and the person would be like "YOUR RIGHT I NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT!!!!!" and i'm like DER DER!!!!!!! I know engines but the computer/ecu BS don't get me started!!!!!!! I WAS just pokin' SOME fun !!!!!! DON'T get me wrong MANG!!!! YER funny to boot !!!!!! no hard feelers???? K!!!

Avoid Hangovers STAY DRUNK!!!!!!!!!

Nope Long line of GERMAN decent With some POLLOCK Thrown in!!!!!!! hahahahaahahah You know why pollocks don't have Icecubes???????? They lost the recipe!!!!!!!!!!!

Your one of those people at the bus stop that tell you there hole life story aren't you?

• Like 4

With some POLLOCK Thrown in!!!!!!!

img%5Cfish%5C2380-pollock.jpg

go make some ice, my drink is getting warm bitch!

this is kamikazes papi (so you understand where it comes from!) he comes from a long line of pigfuckers

piggie-small-208x300.jpg

kamikaze, this is your award for being so helpful

douche_award-300x296.png

on the topic of australians and not knowing shit;

would anyone be so kind as to learn me on this?

29-03wat1.jpg

29-03wat2.jpg

as you can tell its the oil filter mount, when i pulled the filter off i was met with this hacked tube shoved in there, held down by the filter. the replacement filter i got was slightly shorter and im pretty sure it rests against the top of the filter, which would impede oil flow pretty bad id say

the tube is just a length of alloy tube cut and shoved in there, doesnt look factory and definately isnt what you'd call precision handiwork

anyone know why someone would do this? and if i need it?

on the topic of australians and not knowing shit;

anyone know why someone would do this?

theyre from NZ?

(pix blocked for me)

is the bypass ball still there? next to the threads for the filter?

maybe some sort of bypass/external set up from before???