automatic ecus

hey guys i wanted to see if this was true.i was browsing on craigslist looking for parts for the ka and found an ecu that i need.its an automatic ecu but he is saying that the auto ecu works better for the 5 speed because it does not have the rev limiter.is this true?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think dual cam KAs have the problem.....

I can guarantee my #26 ECU has no problems in ANY gear,,,,, , and it is a KA24DE and NOT a single cam KA24E

Did you buy a KA24DE? .... I might bring my KA710 goon to the swapmeet in Fremont on the 18th........ it is probably the only KA24DE 710 in Cali........ I think the motor was mounted by Justin (the guy who built the IRS bagged 610 goon)

I think the motor mounts were moved back ~1 inch or else the steering center link will hit the bell housing......... and I am going to try to fit a MadDat 180b front sump sway bar........ because the DGR 510 front sump bar will not fit a 710.

If you have any questions....... I can take measurements off my car............ Do you plan to flip the front crossmember?

Yes

I didn't do the swap......... but the crossmember was flipped, motor mounts moved back, custom transmission mount, custom motor mounts, electronic fuel pump with a return line, custom radiator, electric fans, custom intake tube, tons of wiring, plugged oxygen sensor (because it will hit the steering box) ....... .. shortened driveshaft.... ... and I'm shure there is more........... you should plan on a few months and hopefully you have a welder.

710316.JPG

I put a 5spd ecu in my car after having to swap the wiring harness and its a bit sluggish, but that probably has to do with clocking the distributor all over the place trying to get the car started. I have an auto ecu and a 5 spd ecu.

Post the part number from it and I'll confirm that it is from an automatic for you. The single number doesn't mean anything I think. You need the pt. #

For example I have an A11 B17 G04 which is for an '89 240sx manual tranny, S13 KA24E 8.6 compression. :angry: You have the KA24DE so I don't know if there is a problem with the rev limiter on them only the E type.

Post the part number from it and I'll confirm that it is from an automatic for you. The single number doesn't mean anything I think. You need the pt. #

For example I have an A11 B17 G04 which is for an '89 240sx manual tranny, S13 KA24E 8.6 compression. :angry: You have the KA24DE so I don't know if there is a problem with the rev limiter on them only the E type.

I could be convinced to go outside and swap ecus and take the car for a spin :o