Levan flex window

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Adam, could you PLEASE slide the window out & get a pic of the gasket for me ? Also a good pic of the latches from the inside ? Thanks man :cool:

I cant really slide it all the way out since it will damage the flex windows white markings on the corners. But I will take it out so you can see it better.

Just some quick pictures and a conversation I had last night....

Also this windows has some "pins" missing. You see I need to take some pictures but these pins hold the latches to the window frame. right now the latches are not attached to the window frame so you cant really "flex" the window or close it with out them. I am planning to fab something up with out damaging the frame since from factory the pins were built to be removable but who knows were you can get those new.

But you can still use it if you drill a hole and use a regular nut an bolt to hold the latch to the frame. But I dont want to do that... That is ONE main reason I have not used it or sold it. The other is that my current rear window seal is good and not leaking. Why fix what is not broken they say....

IMG_7331.jpg

IMG_7332.jpg

IMG_7333.jpg

IMG_7334.jpg

IMG_7335.jpg

So here are the pics of the broken pins... I can fab some shit up and make it work but like i said I dont need it yet or want to harm it. The time will come one day when I use it...

Here is for you mark. I took off the gasket so you can see the frame and the type of gasket used. You can see the type of latch used on the photos on top. It could be something easy to do. But the framing has to be already pre-made? Maybe from a slider window frame? I dont think I can bend the frame by hand and make it fit the stock datsun 620 window frame exactly... So here you go and enjoy!

IMG_7336.jpg

IMG_7337.jpg

IMG_7338.jpg

IMG_7339.jpg

IMG_7340.jpg

IMG_7341.jpg

IMG_7342.jpg

• 2 years later...

Hey Guys,

Just found this forum and want to offer a brand new Le Van flex window for a 620 standard cab.

I found this in my garage a few months ago, still in the original box.

I worked for California Step Side way back when and we sold a ton of these those days.

I ordered this one special, all smoked glass, NO white pinstripe around the glass edge.

This was ordered for my truck, it has been gone a long time now.

I think I even have a stock 620 rear window gasket to go with it.

You guys still interested in getting one of these?

Just some quick pictures and a conversation I had last night....

Also this windows has some "pins" missing. You see I need to take some pictures but these pins hold the latches to the window frame. right now the latches are not attached to the window frame so you cant really "flex" the window or close it with out them. I am planning to fab something up with out damaging the frame since from factory the pins were built to be removable but who knows were you can get those new.

But you can still use it if you drill a hole and use a regular nut an bolt to hold the latch to the frame. But I dont want to do that... That is ONE main reason I have not used it or sold it. The other is that my current rear window seal is good and not leaking. Why fix what is not broken they say....

IMG_7331.jpg

IMG_7332.jpg

IMG_7333.jpg

IMG_7334.jpg

IMG_7335.jpg

So here are the pics of the broken pins... I can fab some shit up and make it work but like i said I dont need it yet or want to harm it. The time will come one day when I use it...

Here is for you mark. I took off the gasket so you can see the frame and the type of gasket used. You can see the type of latch used on the photos on top. It could be something easy to do. But the framing has to be already pre-made? Maybe from a slider window frame? I dont think I can bend the frame by hand and make it fit the stock datsun 620 window frame exactly... So here you go and enjoy!

IMG_7336.jpg

IMG_7337.jpg

IMG_7338.jpg

IMG_7339.jpg

IMG_7340.jpg

IMG_7341.jpg

IMG_7342.jpg

motavated - those pins to attach the latches to the frame were made of the same plastic that was used for the latches. They were notorious for snapping, leaving half of the pin in the frame.

The point of them was to allow you to unattach the latches and slide the glass out of the frame. We did this a few times on our vehicles and the pinstripe seems to be actually baked into the glass, I think when the glass was tempered, so we never had an issue with scraping it off.

Of course, we always felt a bit worried about sliding it out, the glass will shatter into tiny chunks. We never broke one but always felt that was a big risk. The glass is quite tight as it is centered in the frame clips but as you slide it out, about 1/3 of the way, you are clear of the center frame clips and the window is free.

Be gentle.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.