1972 Datsun 510 Wagon - KA24DE - $5500 OBO

Please call, text or email with any questions or for offers.

Sean

916.505.81O8

essdeezy87@yahoo.com

Full build thread can be found here:

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/8891-510-boso-wagon-supercharged-ka24de/

Tour of the car and description of sale:

1972 Datsun 510 Wagon

Motorset

-1995 KA24DE

-JUST swapped a low mileage dual cam in. Inspected the pistons and bearings, and everything checked out. Has a brand new Cometic Headgasket, new oil pan gasket, new timing chain lower and upper set, new tensioners and guides, new front and rear main seals, etc, etc. Everything on the motor for the most part has been painted/polished/powdercoated. Using Nology Hotwires, and the distributor has a new cap and rotor. Uses a Fidanza lightweight flywheel, and a Centerforce centrifugal pressure plate and aggressive street clutch disk.

-Wiring harness and ECU are from a 1995, to make full use of the F3 plug. The harness is wired in using the Female side of the F3 plug, so the full engine harness can be removed without cutting any wires. The engine harness and F3 plug were also de-pinned of all unnecessary wiring the proper way, and the interior side of the harness was shortened about a foot, so it mounts neatly to the kick panel and I planned on making a cover for the ECU and the piggyback I would have used for the supercharger.

-Transmission is a low mileage S13 5 speed that was owned by an older couple, then sold to a younger gal. Shifts smoothly into all gears, and was cleaned inside the bellhousing and out, and has been painted True Blue with several layers of clear coat to make it easier to clean up for a show. Has a brand new Throwout Bearing installed.

-Datsun 521 Clutch Master Cylinder helps to redirect the clutch line to an easier location, connects to a SS braided line and new KA slave cylinder.

-Uses a stock 510 sedan driveshaft (painted chrome) that goes to a stock wagon axle with fresh gear oil (painted gloss black).

Interior

-Starting at the front: Stock gauge cluster surround, radio bezel (has been cut at one point to fit a stereo, am using a DATSUN plate as a radio delete), and glove box. Gauges are a stock 510 Speedometer (possibly broken, might be able to fix it), stock 510 Tachometer and the temp/gas gauge has been replaced with an AEM wideband gauge to monitor the air/fuel mixture in the exhaust. Glove box has a metal BRE badge. I also have installed an electric water temperature gauge, mechanical oil pressure gauge and a nice programmable fuel gauge under the ash tray in a 3-gauge cluster. Dash pad is a stock 510 pad that has had cracks repaired, and was upholstered over with a foam base and black vinyl material. Gives the dash pad a little "squish" and looks modern.

-Steering wheel is a Momo 510 hub, connecting to a NRG slim quick release (lets you remove the steering wheel), and is bolted to a Maziora 350mm JDM steering wheel (changes color in light from Green, to Gold, to Purple) with chrome spokes. I can also include a 350mm NRG wheel which has black spokes and black leather wheel with a Yellow center marker if you prefer it.

-The interior is carpeted using the typical Loop Pile carpet in front passenger area, and I used black "indoor/outdoor" carpet under the rear seats and into the cargo area for a more durable, but still matching, carpet kit.

-Datsport transmission tunnel cover shoots up to a stock KA shifter and two 3" aluminum shifter extensions topped with a Hurst "pistol grip" shift knob. Shifter extensions can be removed if you prefer.

-Front seats are from an early 90's BMW 3 series and are black leather with very minor cracks, no tears. They are very comfortable, and hold you in place very well without being too aggressive. Rear seats are stock 510 wagon, and are not currently installed, but I will include seats and all brakets to reinstall them if you want.

-Currently has no headliner, but roof has been sprayed with textured "bed liner" paint which has reduced a fair amount of vibration and noise. Also sports a "newer 510" dome light and lens that functions perfectly.

-Has all door panels, kick panels and interior handles.

-Ignition has been rebuilt using NEW key cylinder and ignition switch, and has a functioning steering wheel lock.

-Optima redtop battery is mounted behind passenger side rear seat using a FBI Billet Aluminum Optima mount, which holds it from the bottom for a clean look and to eliminate the chances of shorting to a post across the top. Thick gauge battery cables are run using new post clamps, and the rear seat folds up and down without interfering with the battery or wiring.

Suspension

-Front: 280zx struts have been shortened and use rear MR2 Tokico Illumina shocks. Shaft collars hold up Ground Control adjustable sleeves and Eibach 300# springs under Ground Control camber plates.

-NEW 280zx Brake Master Cylinder runs to NEW stainless braided lines.

-Brake pads have tons of meat on them. Wheel bearings were replaced and greased recently, and make no noise upon spinning.

-I replaced the stock 280zx wheel studs with extended Nismo studs front AND rear for more aggressive aftermarket wheel options, and the option to run spacers if you need to.

-Front struts were painted High Gloss Black, covered with a rainbow metalic flake mixed into the first 3 layers of clear, and followed with several more layers of clear to keep them clean easier.

-Rear: 510 wagon leaf springs were professionally de-arched and stiffened and feel GREAT compared to the front spring rate. Leaf springs have NEW FACTORY bushings front and rear, and longer U-Bolts to clamp down on 2.5" steel lowering blocks that feature a pinion adjusting "tilt" to keep the driveshaft angle correct at the new ride height.

-Shocks were replaced with KYB OEM replacements when I bought the car a few years ago, and feel good, though they're the only weak point in the rear suspension.

-Drums were taken in and surfaced, and all shoes have been inspected to make sure the rear brakes were good, as this was a car I've been driving every day. Rear wheel cylinders have been replaced with brand new ones, and the brakes feel great front and rear. Car stops when you tell it to.

-Rear is using a sway bar with brand new hardware, though I'm not sure of the brand.

-Suspension pieces in front have been powdercoated (adjustable T/C rods, control arms, crossmember)

Body

-To be honest, most every panel needs some work. The car looks GREAT in pictures and from 10' away, but if you're looking for show quality body work and paint, this car needs a bit before it's at that point.

-Valance was a NOS piece for the project it was originally mounted on and never driven. Mounted on it is a BRE Spook chin spoiler that should be replaced.

-Grill surround trim is all there and in good shape (eyebrows, hood trim and lower trim).

-Front fenders are full fiberglass BRE style bubble flared fenders and have some minor damage, but look great from 10' away.

-Hood is in GREAT shape

-Doors all open and close, though the driver's door latch needs to be adjusted because you have to close it hard for it to hold the latch.

-Front windshield is a NOS replacement and has ZERO pitting.

-All glass is in great shape, though the hatch glass does have a small gouge in it from what looks like a rock someone hit it with a long time ago. It's not cracked, just gouged a little.

-I imported metal window visors from Malaysia, which really make the car look cool, in my opinion.

-All weatherstripping is new EXCEPT for the cargo windows and hatch window and rear 1/4 windows. Front windshield, interior/exterior window squeegies, front and rear door, front and rear window channel felt, wiper boot seals were all replaced and the car stays DRY inside!!

-Rear fenders have been pulled to accept my wheels at this ride height. I can have them reworked to be a bit cleaner if you like, or I can include the rear box flares if you want to continue the project where I've left off.

- Bluebird JDM Plastic grill fully stripped and repainted/polished and rivetted back together.

-HID headlights and "City Light" in the inner headlights.

-"Do It In A Datsun" license plate frame

-Metal spoiler

-Hatch badges: Nissan Automatic, plastic 510 badge with both mounting tabs, metal Datsun badge with all 3 tabs.

-Rear bumper shows some rust, but is in okay shape

-Locking gas cap: the swinging cover is included but came off. A locksmith should be able to fix it without a problem.

Things to Note

-The wheels that are currently on the car (Hayashi Racing - Talon) will NOT be coming with the car. The wheels are my brothers and he doesn't plan on getting rid of them. We can work out a possible set or you can provide your own set.

-The roof rack as well is not included, but if it has to go, I'll let you have it, we can work it out.

-Car comes with lots of extras, as well, like an underdash A/C unit with wiring and fan, bolt on dump pipe to replace muffler, extra wheel bearings for the front, and other little goodies.

There are many things about the car that I haven't touched on, I'm sure, but if you skim through the past 25 pages of this thread, you'll see the work put into it. I easily have over 10k into the car, but obviously don't expect to get 10k for it!

IMG00301-20100218-0152.jpg

IMG00302-20100218-0152.jpg

IMG00303-20100218-0152.jpg

IMG00304-20100218-0153.jpg

IMG00295-20100215-1757.jpg

IMG00226-20090915-2157.jpg

IMG00209-20090914-0752.jpg

IMG_1537.jpg

IMG00095-20090720-1701.jpg

IMG00090-20090714-1924.jpg

IMG00076-20090707-1320.jpg

IMG00079-20090707-1356.jpg

IMG00038-20090519-1517.jpg

IMG_1276.jpg

10-27-08_1546.jpg

IMG00421-20091117-1205.jpg

IMG00429-20091117-1221.jpg

IMG00427-20091117-1220.jpg

IMG_1369.jpg

10-28-08_1605.jpg

IMG_1054.jpg

IMG00012-20091208-0847.jpg

IMG00017-20091208-0849.jpg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm buying (just waiting for loan papers to go through) a 2004 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab. Need the money and space, I just can't see myself paying for two cars. Need this one gone.

I have dreams of another Datsun in the future, just need to get a new job and everything lined up first. Price is open to negotiations, NO TRADES.

Bluebird grill is included in sale. I planned on keeping it and giving it to Kait, but she sold her car with my polished grill on it without telling me, so the Bluebird has no home besides my garage wall. If you want to lower the price, I can piece together a stock 70-73 grill and drop it a little bit.

So people can stop emailing and PMing and replying/cluttering my thread:

Cost of the Bluebird grill will be $5500 (obo) and as an added bonus, I'll give you a free 510 wagon rather than separate the two.

Kait's decision to sell her car has nothing to do with my car or the sale of it, please keep my thread clean.

• 2 weeks later...

I figured at this price, people would be knocking down my door to get at it... But not yet!

If the ride height is what you're concerned about, I will personally remove the 2" blocks, and raise the front suspension to match. Car starts, runs and drives right now, I have no issues taking people for test drives or letting you drive it around the block. Also, has a full tank of gas in it. Price is somewhat negotiable.

Accepting trades for rolling shell (510, Z, S14, VW, RX7 FC, etc) let me know what you have. Looking for a shell up to $1000, plus cash on top.

sean if i had the money i would sang this in a heart beat im sad to see it being sold but it is an awsome goon that deserves a good home after all the hard work that has gone into it someone buy this thing i can personally atest to how clean the ka install is and how clean the car is in general

• 2 weeks later...

Well I just bought a new road bike today. I've been training on a vintage 70's or 80's Peugeot steel frame, and my girlfriend/training partner is on a nice aluminum/carbon combination frame with 3 on the chainring and 9 on the rear cassette. Sooooo, I did the responsible thing with the money I got today and bought an aluminum/carbon frame with a double chainring and 10 speed cassette. It's being shipped from Ventura, so it will be here in the next week or so!

Next project is undecided, but not right around the corner...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.