1987 b12 4wd wagon

these are some of my inspirations for restifying my lil wagon....

this one is from PR....

IMG_2986.jpg

this one is a local ...only one i have seen with a body kit and count them two sun roofs!!.....

87B12-4WD.jpg

and this one is the only GA16DE-T powered wagon on the road!!! and its an ice racer and rally machine!!!.....

DSC00561-1.jpg

DSC00629-1.jpg

25573_1229585019993_1240123111_3056.jpg

2110167.jpg

love the red one its an 89...mike is the wagon guru....from over on nissanforums.com

just wanted to share these will ya'll!

• Like 1
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

got a couple little projects started yesterday...

allblueNISSANemblemforthegrill.jpg

coloredNISSANeblemcloseup.jpg

fullshotofgrillwithcoloredNISSANemb.jpg

closeupgrillwithNISSANemblem.jpg

got the three wiper blades painted the GM Dark Blue Metallic

layed some clear coat on them today.....

i know she is not of the "normal" cars to work on but that is what i like the odd ones the ones you dont see coming only their tail lights as they pass you and leave you with that look like WTF was that and did it really just pass me?!....hehe:cool

• 3 weeks later...

got a "new" work bench and a place to stow my AWD transmissions and some other stuff for now....will be painting it a more masculine color here in the near future...lol

newworkbenchtable.jpg

I don't mean to clutter your thread, but I wanted to mention a couple of things...

First, when I saw this car/post my thought was, 'What the heck? This is a Datsun site'. Then I started looking at what you're doing. Nice work, and this car fits here as well as any number of others.

Second, I thought, 'Why all the effort for that particular car?'. Did a little research and, although it's not for me, it is a fairly unique car.

So, welcome to ratsun. There are people being born right now who won't have the slightest idea what a Datsun is. I watched a similar thing happen in the Rambler/AMC world. 15 years ago, the internet was just coming to life and the clubs and forums were popping up all over. I even bought a car online, from overseas, through a board in 1997. Today, none of those sites are active, most of the cars have been liquidated, crushed or forgotten, and the membership is generally at retirement age (if they weren't already there in 1995).

So, this car seems especially appropriate, right time, right place sort of thing. It's a cross over to the next generation of ratsun'ers. Thanks for posting about it. You seem to do quality work, and know what you're doing.

Looking forward to seeing your progress. Is it just me, or does this car have similar styling cues to the Audi Quattro of the same vintage?

I totally dig this car! 4WD + Datsun/Nissan = WIN!

That and I'm biased because I used to have a B12 Sentra. I loved that car and drove it until the end of its life (crash) :crying:

The B12 is a surprisingly peppy little car.

ーゴキ

• 4 weeks later...

nukeaday....thank you sir.

updates....started on the rear patch panels got them spot welded in...next trip will start to seam weld them in ....

working on some cars( i work 60-70 hours a week at my main job, then do mechanic work on the side, sale amsoil on the side, have a family and church too so i dont get alot of "free" time) ...i work on cars on the side A.)because i enjoy it and B.) it pays for my toys.....and more importantly C.) keeps the wife off my back for spending money on my toys as none of the funds comes from the bank account....lol

just bought a 12 ton shop press but will upgrade it later to a 20 ton shop press....so no more having to take parts(wheel bearings and stuff ) to the shop and pay out the nose to have them press in and out!!!

have started to gather a shoppin list for the rebuild on the gti-r motor....plan is to get 72lb or larger injectors, z32 maf, a gt turbo(capable of over 400hp), full gasket kit, comet head gasket, arp studs, gonna get a civic radiator(they are only half width) and i have a gti=r TMIC that has been rewelded to be a FMIC but will be puttin it on its side and running it beside the radiator! will make for a totally sleeper setup!! the BOV will be recirculated so will be very hard to tell its turboed!Im looking for one stock piston and a set of rings and then we will be stating the rebuild! will post pics of the rebuild. this means i gotta get goin on the smoothing project too!

gonna run a fuel cell and dual MSD fuel pumps and larger new fuel lines.

got the first set of test brackets made...unfortunately the bracket deminisons got whacked so im making some from scratch and then will have them recut on the water jet machine...the spacers need the center whole enlarged but that is easy as changing a couple numbers on the specs and they are done!

was gonna run the mighty e16i motor for a while and then rebuild the motor but now just gonna yank it out set it up in the garage and save it for the pulsar(next project) also have an ISKY custom ground cam coming for it (should be here any day now) and a pacesetter header for it(they stopped making them years ago) so once i get around to workin on the pulsar it will have alittle extra snap to it!

ill post up some pics next time around the weather and my crazy schedule havent left me much time .....but will keep ya ll updated! happy tuning!

• 3 weeks later...

Little update. Got a set of rear seat belts got 94LB injectors, n60 blew through MAF, rebuilt GTI-R motor with comet gasket stage two cams ARP bolts three angle valve job, a t3/t4 hybrid turbo. And ordering g spec lightened undrive crank and water pump pulleys along wit s/s brake lines and an active tuning rear strut bar. I'm in the parts collecting mode right now hoping to start pullin the motor on Saturday .

It came 4WD for 87and 88 then Awd in 89 then they stopped making them. And the 87 came with TBI E16i motor which was a year before the standard sentra got fuel injection! They are unique cars. The stanza is a bastard child. Unloved even less than the sentra wagon LOL. My awd n13 Pulsar is very unique too....:-)

p

received my s/s brake lines, water pump pulley, jgy fuel rail, fuel pressure gauge, gti-r motor w/cams, t3/t4 turbo, active tuning rear strut bar

had to resource the crank underdrive pulley but found one and ordered the front seat belts.

contemplating gettin the NISMO LSD for the gti-r tranny but is 830 shipped! they dont make them any more but that is alot of coin...but boy it would be fun!

• 2 weeks later...

got my lightented crank pulley from g spec! yeappie!!!

might have found a rally gtir tranny with lsd!! looking for a gtir rear end as they have LSD and think they can bolt in!

love HO-EM parts!!! lol

looking for a ratsun sticker with the rat and wrenches on it so if you have one or know where to get them please let me know....

• 4 weeks later...

mocked up the intake on "new" motor, got the valve cover studs screwed on.

topshotwithstuffmockedup.jpg

valvecoverstudsonjustmockingstuffup.jpg

little custom radiator cap piece with a/n fitted s/s hose

anfittedradiatorlinetonewerwaterneck.jpg

tappedfortempsenderwaternecknewer.jpg

will be strippin it down and smoothin it out and givin it a fresh coat of paint here soon...

well i now have given my blood, sweat, and tears to the wagon!!!

bloodsweatandtearsintothewagon.jpg

got the painted radiator out of the wagon and mounted up in the pulsar(just for a safe place to keep it for now until i start workin on the pulsar engine bay)

• 2 weeks later...

thanks...im actually takin a little break from my wagon to strip down a japan model 4 door sentra and install the brakes/suspension on my pulsar project and then put the motor into my other 4 door 94 sentra(this will become my daily until i get the wagon on the road....my 07 accent has over 60k on the clock and gonna eat up the rest of the warranty before its paid off so she is coming off the road).

did order a NISMO adjustable FPR for the wagon and got my cusco front strut bar in! yeappie!

well after some great tribulation i have to scrap this project.

I do not know if any of you know of my other project....it is the only awd-t n13 pulsar in the world...i was gonna detune it down to a 1.6 liter n/a 4wd setup...but after reviewing the many issues with the wagon and the fact that i have three full blown car projects i had to get rid of one....I will post up some pics of my pulsar as it is internationally known....think you guys will really appreciate it a lot...there has been alot of work already done to it and quite a bit more to come.....