1987 b12 4wd wagon

just wanted to say hi!

and share one of my projects with ya'll!

its a 1987 b12 4wd wagon! she is getting rebuilt....interior, exterior, suspension, brakes, engine/tranny(later heart transplant!), wheels,etc

I will post up some pics here later tonight....

cool site and love the projects!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

here is the link to the album....wagon album

here is the link to the main build thread...here ya go!!

the pre restification money shot.....myenignebay874wdwagon.jpg

little history.......i ended up with the little wagon in my possession after years of halfheartedly lookin for a 4wd wagon(only made them for 3 years!) must were dead and whittled with cancer(aka rust buckets)....then came this one.....a fellow forum member over at nissanforums...said she had one that had been sitting for years and years and wanted to give it to some one who would take care of her baby and restore her and then drive her like she was meant to be...and yes i did say give it(meaning FREE!!....well after a 12 hour round trip she was at her new resting place(down the road at my friends house as i wasnt allowed to bring her home until she was road worthy and not "ugly" in the eyes of the wife...as i already have another full blown project that has taken over the two car garage...but thats another thread....lol)....im in the process of redoing the entire interior...its been completely gutted and am either cleaning and recoloring(black is the theme) or replacing and recoloring every part....also addressing couple rust issues that were found once the carpet came out.....the original 4wd suspension will be replaced with gti-r tein coilovers and pillow tops!(nothing but the best for my lil wagon!), nx2k front calipers and rotors, altima m/c and booster, rear maxima calipers and jdm nx2k rotors(via a custom adapter bracket and spacers), replacing some body panels, fixing others.....some b14 rims with new rubber and some other little goddies to round it out...and eventually some paint(GM dark metallic blue). later down the road i will be rebuilding my gti-r motor and installing it along with the awd tranny and jwt ecu and wiring into the wagon(gonna be one heck of a grocery getter!!!)....and then the mighty e16i and 4wd tranny will be dropped into the n13 pulsar(this will become my oldest daughters first car! and it has a sport bak!! but that is for another thread in the future...there are some pictures of it and some of the tear down and stuff in my albums on photobucket......)

when you goto the album start on the last page and work you way forward or show all and start at the bottom and work your way up to get a more chronological order of things that have been done so far......

there are a couple cool b12 wagons from my friends that own them...and the first three pics of the album might be four are from a member that is selling his....its in awesome shape i would so buy it if i had the money and space to put another car...lol

hope you all enjoy and let me know what you think!

40 something views and finally got a reply....lol

thanks...i dont like easy projects thats why i work on older nissans...hopin to get a datsun diesel truck later on....

should be gettin over to do some work on it tomorrow...so hopin to get some more progress and picks.....

there are some killer projects on here that are very motivating to get more work done on my project!

they will be random of things that have been done or some are from what it looked like when i picked it up.....im too lazy to label all of them but if you have any questions feel free to ask....lol

dashmy874wdwagon.jpg

Nissan_PS.jpg

Nissan_PS_front.jpg

Nissan_pics_2.jpg

centerdashmy874wdwagon.jpg

rearshotofmy874wdwagon.jpg

CopyofDSCN0637.jpg

DSCN0662.jpg

smoothingouttheplenum.jpg

gtircoiloversandnx2kbrakesshineynew.jpg

pillowtopsinthewagon.jpg

DSCN0660-1.jpg

that should give yah some thing to look at for a little while there are close to 200 pics in the album and in my other one there are some of the awd n13 pulsar(only one in the world.....)

so let me know what you think! or if you have any questions please ask away....

thats alot of work on a car that most in the states would have junked long ago i kinda want the 2 door version and do an sr swap it would even be legal

thread hijack

bonvo, ive had three sentras, all 2 doors, 88, 89 and 90. All black, two 4 speeds and 1 5 speed. They are great cars man!

thats alot of work on a car that most in the states would have junked long ago

NOT KNOCKING ANY ONES CAR HERE...;)...but have you looked at alot of these cars being restored/restified? :blink:I have seen much much worse carcasses restored to showroom status....:cool:

i have the knowledge the skill and obviously the time to restore a rare car(well not worth alot but very hard to find...lol)

and as much as i love SR20s....the GTI-R motor that is gonna be dropped in her with the awd tranny:owill make for a complete monster:angry:on the street and track! sleeprz rule!

the car just needs some tender TLC ....wait till i get the interior back in her...she will look like a brand new car.....then i will turn my efforts to the outside , then the underside(ie more suspension upgrades some off the shelf some custom).

but it is alot of work...well not really i love to tinker with cars and tweak them to new levels so i really wouldnt call it work just alot of dedication! :P

this is my 5th sentra and 8th nissan.....so i know what im gettin myself into thats why i keep coming back to nissan .....

once you go nissan you never leave........;)

got around to playing with the engine bay for a few minutes today....can you tell what has been done since i first got her?

before

myenignebay874wdwagon.jpg

today.......

beginingtoreorganizetheenginebay.jpg

yes i know i still need to seriously clean her up ....lol

that and some more paint or in the future.....

NOT KNOCKING ANY ONES CAR HERE...;)...but have you looked at alot of these cars being restored/restified? :blink:I have seen much much worse carcasses restored to showroom status....:cool:

i have the knowledge the skill and obviously the time to restore a rare car(well not worth alot but very hard to find...lol)

and as much as i love SR20s....the GTI-R motor that is gonna be dropped in her with the awd tranny:owill make for a complete monster:angry:on the street and track! sleeprz rule!

the car just needs some tender TLC ....wait till i get the interior back in her...she will look like a brand new car.....then i will turn my efforts to the outside , then the underside(ie more suspension upgrades some off the shelf some custom).

but it is alot of work...well not really i love to tinker with cars and tweak them to new levels so i really wouldnt call it work just alot of dedication! :P

this is my 5th sentra and 8th nissan.....so i know what im gettin myself into thats why i keep coming back to nissan .....

once you go nissan you never leave........;)

i think you misunderstood me im not knocking on the car im just saying that i know alt of people who look look at it and just junk it i admire all the work you putting into it and i cant wait to see it finished

as for the never leaving nissan i agree i would much rather drive a nissan then 90%of the other cars out there

gotcha!:D

i want to get a LEAF but that color is just a little soft for me...im actually thinking about doin an EV conversion on my awd n13 pulsar....if i can come up with the funds to do it..the electrical part is a no brainer for me....but the batteries and motor are crazy expensive!!...lol

suppose to rain tomorrow so i will stay home and do some little projects on the few parts i have here..and plan on thursday heading back over to try and work on the floor boards....

got b14 rims at all 4 corners now.....

secondshotpassengersideb14rimsandco.jpg

passengersideshotb14rimsandcoilover.jpg

sits lower on the coil overs....gonna roll the fender and drop her just a little more....the fronts really need to come down the but the rears are almost there......

B14rimsandcoiloversfirstshotrearpas.jpg

drivers side with 4wd oem struts and springs ...sits alitte higher

rearb14rimsoemshocks.jpg

and got rid of all the bumper stickers.....now need to get a ratsun sticker if she is worthy of wearin one....

seconshotnobumperstickers.jpg

got a few brackets under the hood painted GM Dark Blue Metallic today(same color gonna paint the exterior of the car...)

ill post up some pictures later as they are still drying.....

friend got my rear disc conversion adapter brackets and spacer cut out on a water jet machine! being sent to me so i can do a nice write up for my fellow b12 friends and also finally get rid of the drum brakes!! i so hate working on them!ill post up some pics of these once i get them hopin this week end!

got a few things started today.....

allblueNISSANemblemforthegrill.jpgcoloredNISSANeblemcloseup.jpg

fullshotofgrillwithcoloredNISSANemb.jpgcloseupgrillwithNISSANemblem.jpg

closeupofwiperarmrearrecolored.jpgfullshotofrearwindowwiperrecolored.jpg

evapbracketrecolored.jpgoverflowbracketrecolored.jpg

reweldedgtirupperintakemanifoldclos.jpgrewelededgtirintakemanifoldfullshot.jpg

got the grill painted gloss black, the nissan emblem two toned painted, and the wiper arms all three of them painted, and the coolant over flow bracket(gonna repaint something hit it while it was drying...) and the evap canister bracket....still need to clear coat the parts....and got my upper intake manifold rewelded....gonna get started on my it...smoothing it out and removing excess bolt holes as i will be running a fmic and will being painting it once im done....the entire motor will be cast aluminum with black silicon vacuum hoses, and black s/s braided hoses, and the engine bay will be cast aluminum as well....

the steering rack is shot so im looking for one....as the 4wd rack is different from the 2wd versions.......

got the drive shaft on and ordered some new strut bolts and nuts as some one had put on after market ones made of cheap crap metal and the just deformed when we tried to remove them...

starting back to work on tuesday so my progress will slow some but i want to get this on the road and use it as my DD and get my other car off the road(save the warranty!) and then i can work on rebuilding the gti-r power plant and then start working on my other project.....