Gasket Picture Archive

Dunno if someone already has one... I haven't found anything on any Datsun sites of a gasket scan archive! I have made several of my own gaskets for misc items around my dime and thought it would be helpful if I started scanning my gaskets to post so that other people could print them out and make there own as well! I'm pretty handy with photoshop So I scanned mine and cleaned it up a bit. I bet if people pitched in and posted their gaskets we could get a nice collection of just about every gasket you would want to make yourself. Even photo's of gaskets would help (ruler in the shot for sizing) I'll start out with my Rear Differential:

Gasket from: 1970 Datsun 510 2dr Rear Differntial Cover

Diff%20Gasket.jpg

Dunno How everybody is at photoshop or if you have a photo hosting site. I have PLENTY of webspace and no bandwidth limits so If you need any help I would be happy to prep & host your scans/pictures for you :)

• Like 2
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

w/o any dimensions, how is one to know that theyre cutting to the correct size?

Well The image I posted is to size. Meaning if you were to save the image to your computer, open it in whatever graphics program you have and print it with no page settings/formatting it would print out the exact size. I could include a ruler in the image though, so you can double check.

I was thinking about this idea the other day. Maybe taillight gaskets would be a good item for this thread. I wonder what material can be used to make them. Would it be cost effective compared to just buying a reproduction set from Datsunlandsocal?