New 510 Wagon

davmoha

Picked up this 72 510 Wagon from a friend in my Z club. Very clean, A/C is ice cold. The only mods that I can see is it has a dog leg 5 spd. I put some slotted mags from my 240 on there. Since I am new to the 510 world been reading over the archives for potential mods. At this time things high on the list is change the carb setup to something more familiar and then lowering it. Good advice is always welcomed.

Sorry about the large pics:

you can view them easier - photo gallery

bPPGo.jpg

y2F4d.jpg

My Z

YvAbr.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice cars, like the wagon and the color. As far as carburation is concern, a lot has to do with what you are planning to do. If it is a daily driver or I am assuming you have a stock L16, maybe a 32/36 weber is good enough. Other than that SUs, sidedrafts and the more it is the more the money. Think about it really good and see other wagons that have various set-ups...next question maybe exhaust..oh yeh, also depends on how much you want to spend,, brand new 32/36 maybe $300 or more depending if manual choke or auto choke, a little bit more for auto. But if it was me, I would try to keep it stock as much as possible, sounds like it's a clean, uncut wagon..let' us know.

What's the odometer read? And because your car looks pretty stock and untouched, what is placed on the right side of the heater control panel?

Odometer says 56,xxxx but I am sure that has flipped a few times as the previous owner drove it daily. The car does have everything stock except the 5spd from my understanding. The gauge you see next to the heater is a oil pressure gauge the previous owner had added.

David M