20" Rims on my 77 620 KC

Suspect

At my job there was this sales man. He took a jeep in as a trade in towards a different car. Well the sales man saw $$$$ in his eyes since it had brand new 20" rims on it. After the deal, the customer was in their new car and the sales guy made his commission. Then the sales guy gets greedy, brings a set of steel wheels and swaps the wheels with the jeep and stashed the rims in back of the sales building. Sales guy gets fired for a different incident and the rims sit for two years. I saw the wheels and seen $$$$ in my eyes, but I'm a legit person and I don't even have close to that kind of spare cash. I offered 20hr work off the clock for the wheels, they told me 60.... well I met them in the middle and doing 40. I get paid 8$ / hour, 40 hrs is approx $320 before taxes. I put in 22.5 hrs in so far and they let me take the wheels home, so I put them on my Datsun!!

Mar09_0002.jpg

Mar09_0001.jpg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The truck was last restored in 1990, so 20 yrs ago. Cab windows have been smoothed over, bed handles removed, home made roll pan, custom interior lights, wood console, and all the lights were moved to inside the body panels. This truck is another winter beater I have. I also use it to tow other parts Datsun from out of state, last trip was to Kentucky and I towed a 75 620 back with it. I absolutely hate the color or the truck. I've considered doing some rust repair but I have better trucks to do than this..... and everything in michigan has rust. It just needs rockers panels, cab corners, and drivers fender. I changed the oil on a 07 jeep and the rear hatch was showing rust and it was running down the rear hatch.

MY 74

43630072.jpg

43630005-3.jpg

they look better on the single cab....definitely need smaller tires and an altitude adjustment

I already have rims I plan to use for the single cab truck. They are 17" MB Precise 6 bolt.

Why do the 20" rims at stock height look goofy on my 77?

I already have rims I plan to use for the single cab truck. They are 17" MB Precise 6 bolt.

why does anything at stock look goofy with 20s? :huh: my answer is- its stock heighth!!! :P

ever see a covered wagon?

or maybe a donk?

too much wheel in the wheel well, it looks like your about to rub just driving straight.

dont let me get you down, its only my opinion. if you like it, rock it like a hurricane and dont let any elses opinion effect your decisions

There is nothing anyone can say to get me down. That is why I posted it, to get opinions. I originally got the wheels because they were a good possible profitable deal. I figured I'd sell them and put the cash towards something els. Then I tried them on my truck and so far drove 500 miles already on them. They don't rub unless you turn very sharp and surprisingly they ride very smooth.

There is nothing anyone can say to get me down. That is why I posted it, to get opinions. I originally got the wheels because they were a good possible profitable deal. I figured I'd sell them and put the cash towards something els. Then I tried them on my truck and so far drove 500 miles already on them. They don't rub unless you turn very sharp and surprisingly they ride very smooth.

you should be able to sell them for a nice profit for sure, just be glad they're not BMW bolt pattern, i have been trying to sell my 22s for about a year and thy will only fit land rovers and BMW x3 or x5

i woulda invested in some rust repair, whats the point of having nice wheels when the truck is turning into powdered metal.

and it looks goofy without laying frame

Quit being a prick. He's just showing you the wheels and you gotta go get all stupid on him. Just admire the wheels and keep your opion about the outher stuff to your self gomer.

you should be able to sell them for a nice profit for sure, just be glad they're not BMW bolt pattern, i have been trying to sell my 22s for about a year and thy will only fit land rovers and BMW x3 or x5

Are those 5X120mm or 5 on 4 3/4"? If so, they should fit Olds Bravada's, 4WD S-10's and Blazers, Alot of Jaguars, I'm sure there is more.

5 on 4 3/4 is also camero patter.

yep but the back spacing is different. I had a set of BMW wheels on my s-10 but I had to use a 1.5" spacer. The blazer and bravada use the correct offset for BMW Wheels.