Need brake line for 71 521

Does anybody have the front right (passenger side) brake line that goes from the distributor valve on the firewall down through the wheel well?

It connects to the flex hose for the brake cylinder.

Its the line coming out on the left of the distributor goes through that black rubber grommet

100_6736Medium.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

u should have moved the red battery cable but it looks like you need the one thats coming forward from the block.

I've got one, I think from a 520. still interested, LMK

Measure the length using a piece of string and tape measure. Go to NAPA, Autozone, pepBoys w/e and get a pre-made brake line of that length or just slightly longer. Take the old one so the threads can be matched. Bend over something like a 4" round of firewood or jar of pickles and tape the flared ends so they don't slide down and get behind a bend and won't slide out again. Do not allow the tube to kink. Cost under $5 to do yourself. Make sure tire won't rub on a turn.

When it comes to brake parts don't use someone else's 40 year old used 'hunk a junk' part. Buy or make your own. If you plan to replace more lines get a brake tube flair kit. Now you can cut lines to size and flair them yourself. Very cool.

Uh sorry 420n620... didn't mean your junk.:lol:

• Like 1

u should have moved the red battery cable but it looks like you need the one thats coming forward from the block.

I've got one, I think from a 520. still interested, LMK

I thought the same thing after I posted the picture, I had to go back and take a second look to make sure that I had the right line, I just took another picture :rolleyes:

100_6737Medium.jpg

You guys are right, I put on a new flex hose on the other day and when I bleed the brakes it was leaking from the union between the two. I tried a Swiss file and fine sandpaper but it still leaks. I will head down to Napa tomorrow, thanks for the advise guys :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.