Plastic door panel fasteners for 620

I had to pull my door panel off the other day to replace a broken regulator, naturally every clip holding the door panel on snapped at the first sign of any force. They are 37 year old peices of plastic after all. Anyway, I'm looking to see if anyone has a good source for these or ones that will work. I like my door panels, they're in great shape and I don't really want to put any holes in them or anything. All suggestions are welcome.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to pull my door panel off the other day to replace a broken regulator, naturally every clip holding the door panel on snapped at the first sign of any force. They are 37 year old peices of plastic after all. Anyway, I'm looking to see if anyone has a good source for these or ones that will work. I like my door panels, they're in great shape and I don't really want to put any holes in them or anything. All suggestions are welcome.

Toyotas use a spring steel clip system that is very good. The clips fit over the edge, or through slits in the middle of the panel, have sound deadening foam pads and slip right into the mating holes in the panel. They hold strong and when you want to, pop right out with a trim tool.

I hope I am not braking any rules by posting this link but it is not mine, I have no idea of quality, and have no interest in them other then to answer question asked. If I am braking forum rules please let me know.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/10-Door-Panel-Clips-DATSUN-620-PICKUP_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2a05016686QQitemZ180472604294QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I hope I am not braking any rules by posting this link but it is not mine, I have no idea of quality, and have no interest in them other then to answer question asked. If I am braking forum rules please let me know.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/10-Door-Panel-Clips-DATSUN-620-PICKUP_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2a05016686QQitemZ180472604294QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

You know I just saw those, I was kind of steering clear of em cause the location is Thailand and I didn't really want to wait a month for em to get here. Thanks for the suggestion though, if I come up with nothing locally I'll def reconsider.