Speaking of recalls

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I don't think it's a big deal that manufacturers recall small numbers of vehicles once in a while. Nothing is perfect forever. If these guys find a small problem (before it becomes an issue), and say "hey let's make this right", I don't see any problem. I mean they can't forsee every single problem that may come up in the future. Now when it becomes huge numbers or life threatening, now that's another story. It should never get to that point ever. I still feel that Nissan has the best stuff. It's funny when you read through all the recalls out there and other maker have things that can potentially kill someone, and Nissan has a faulty fuel gauge, lol.

The following is a little obvious but I love it!

Narrator: A new car built by my company leaves somewhere traveling at 60 mph. The rear differential locks up. The car crashes and burns with everyone trapped inside. Now, should we initiate a recall? Take the number of vehicles in the field, A, multiply by the probable rate of failure, B, multiply by the average out-of-court settlement, C. A times B times C equals X. If X is less than the cost of a recall, we don't do one.

Business woman on plane: Are there a lot of these kinds of accidents?

Narrator: You wouldn't believe.

Business woman on plane: Which car company do you work for?

Narrator: A major one.

The following is a little obvious but I love it!

Narrator: A new car built by my company leaves somewhere traveling at 60 mph. The rear differential locks up. The car crashes and burns with everyone trapped inside. Now, should we initiate a recall? Take the number of vehicles in the field, A, multiply by the probable rate of failure, B, multiply by the average out-of-court settlement, C. A times B times C equals X. If X is less than the cost of a recall, we don't do one.

Business woman on plane: Are there a lot of these kinds of accidents?

Narrator: You wouldn't believe.

Business woman on plane: Which car company do you work for?

Narrator: A major one.

*Aron Likes this*

love that movie