510 door handles and locks. They fall down!

my front and both rear door locks keep falling down to the locked position. the only way i can open my doors is to pull the lock knob up, and use the handle from the inside.

interested to see if anyone knows of or is willing to sell the parts that i would need to fix my door handles. i think some of the plastic bits that link the rods have finally broken off- after 40 years....

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i would agree with the other poster, try to find anyone parting even a 4 door or wagon out. worst case scenario you could always fab something or try Dorman or Auveco or another aftermarket supplier to see if they hav anything usefull in their catalogs. I would say its prolly a safe bet that the factory parts from nissan sold out 20 years ago, and if anyone still has any, they would want a fortune for them.

i would agree with the other poster, try to find anyone parting even a 4 door or wagon out.

the back doors on my wagon look new, they still have the plastic liner on the inside. :). def a better source.

...really, who wants to be a passenger in the back? :lol:

I have the opposite problem. The driver side lock is stuck, and won't move. Both outside door handles are also broken. I have a set of Z outside handles to put in. I plan to just take my assembly apart and see if I can free 'em up. If they fall down, guess I'll know they're fixed. :P

I found this, not sure if it's a decent price?

http://www.dragtimes.com/parts/Datsun-510-2-DR-Door-Lock-Mechanisms-LF-RT-NICE_370330532989.html

My link

It's gonna be something in here. you'll see if something's come undone. I fixed mine, can't remember exactly how. I had to basically put guts back in both my doors.....wait, this a goon? should be same though right? if one of those rods detaches from another, that totally happens. It's not too hard to figure out once you take the door panel off and have a look-see.