2008 Nissan Frontier Tow Package

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My 2001 armada didn't have the tow package. I bought the tow hitch and it came with the hitch and some relays from the dealer. BUt It was a lemon and was sent back in for a refund. So I took off the relays and hitch and sold it on the side... So I think there is no clear way to tell.... Maybe thread lock on the rear frame nuts that hold the hitch in place?

If you buy a stock hitch from the dealer its all bolt in I believe. Took me no more than 30 minutes to pop in the relays, install the hitch and some simple wires...

My 2001 armada didn't have the tow package. I bought the tow hitch and it came with the hitch and some relays from the dealer. BUt It was a lemon and was sent back in for a refund. So I took off the relays and hitch and sold it on the side... So I think there is no clear way to tell.... Maybe thread lock on the rear frame nuts that hold the hitch in place?

If you buy a stock hitch from the dealer its all bolt in I believe. Took me no more than 30 minutes to pop in the relays, install the hitch and some simple wires...

Where do the relays go? If I dont have the tow package. thanks

Tow packages can include engine and tranny oil coolers, larger radiator, bigger brakes, LSD and rear sway bars.

I don't suppose you have the original build sheet? GM used to have one stuffed in behind the pass door panel. I found one in the springs of the rear bench seat on a Dodge. I wonder if Nissan does this.

When I bought the tow hitch it also came with a handy instruction sheet. This is exactly what is said.

Remove cover, you will see two empty relay slots. this one goes here. That one goes there... Close cover.

and this is what is said for the hitch.

Get bolt A X 4 and install in these four holes pictures. Make sure you use thread lock (red) or some shit.

Then see capped wire on left driver side. Un cap and plug in the 7 prong tow (switch?). Click into place and place protective cover on. DONE!

This is the Armada and Titan. Dont know about them frontiers. Look into the sale brochure and see if they offer trans coolers and shit for the 2010/09. I think they just use the simple hitch...

Looked online and built me a frontier with a hitch... This is what it say's...

# Includes 7-pin connector trailer wire harness.

# Refer to your owner's manual or Nissan Towing Guide for specific towing information.

Believe me its simple. I could tow alot with the armada. If I wanted to tow like 10,000 or some shit (I dont remeber) with the armada. I had to buy some chains and some extra stuff for her. But nothing for the trans or motor from what I remeber.

Edit: Now that I remember.... I was like 15-16 years old with little automotive experience when I did that... You can do it man. Its not that hard. Just go to the dealer and ask for the relays and instruction sheet. They should give it to yah.

• 4 weeks later...

Tow packages can include engine and tranny oil coolers, larger radiator, bigger brakes, LSD and rear sway bars. <------------ This is not true for the Frontiers, I'm a mechanic at a Nissan dealership, and we install these hitches all the time. You can add a hitch to any of the Frontiers. Buy, the factory hitch and it usually comes with the harness and relays. the hitch is a simple bolt up and then plug the wiring harness into already set connectors on the left rear of the frame. The relay set will go into the connector hidden behind the right front kick panel. All the instructions come with the hitch, its a very simple install. i just don't recommend buying the receiver through Nissan just because its more expensive and you can buy basically the same thing at any auto store for 1/3 of the price.

Tow packages can include engine and tranny oil coolers, larger radiator, bigger brakes, LSD and rear sway bars. <------------ This is not true for the Frontiers, I'm a mechanic at a Nissan dealership, and we install these hitches all the time. You can add a hitch to any of the Frontiers. Buy, the factory hitch and it usually comes with the harness and relays. the hitch is a simple bolt up and then plug the wiring harness into already set connectors on the left rear of the frame. The relay set will go into the connector hidden behind the right front kick panel. All the instructions come with the hitch, its a very simple install. i just don't recommend buying the receiver through Nissan just because its more expensive and you can buy basically the same thing at any auto store for 1/3 of the price.

Thank you! I TOLD U!

This is where I bought the one for my 06 gen2 Xterra. The shipping was fast, the quality was great, and the price was the best I found. I know lots of people that have also bought theirs from them, and they all had a great experience.

http://www.etrailer....an_Frontier.htm

Buy the "Plug & Play" harness from the dealer though (with all the relays).

If you want, PM me your vin and if my Nissan disc hasen't expired I can get your model # and see if it has a factory tow package. I am not sure if Frontiers actually had tow packages like the Titan and Armada but would be glad to check for you.

Kelly

Blasphemy! The factory unit looks soooo much cleaner. But then I'm a company man. :P